Chapter 16

It's morning already and he hasn't left your bathroom ever since your argument. He spent the night on your bathtub. You are standing in front of the bathroom door now, not knowing what to do.

You thought that he was right, it wasn't so obvious but you made a big deal about it. It doesn't mean that it sounded weird to you it would be the same for others. You even raised your voice at him.

That was the first time you saw him glare at you. Some people usually apologize to you even though it's your fault when they see the necklace. Why didn't it work on him? Is it because he was the one who gave it to you?

As you were thinking, the door opened. He just looked at you and passed by, heading downstairs. You didn't know what to do so you followed him on stairs.

"Jin, I'm sorry about last night"you apologized but he didn't even look at you.

"I didn't mean to raise my voice on you. I won't be obvious next time I promise. Is there something I could do for you? Do you wanna visit a place in the city? Or a food you wanna try?"you convinced. He didn't respond at you but you saw him pouting.

"Why don't you just trust me? It's not like I'm gonna tell them that I'm a merman"you heard him say. He sounded disappointed which made you feel bad.

"I'm sorry"you apologized once again.
He just stayed quiet and you decided to do the same. He might be more upset if you talk about it even more.

You opened the fridge and took out the milk, pouring it on a glass. You turned on the TV and sat on your couch while drinking the glass of milk while Jin ate eggs on your kitchen counter.

After an hour, he started to wash the dishes and cleaned the table. Both of you didn't speak to each other the whole time. The silence is suffocating you so you wanted to go on the shore for a while. You went to your room and changed your pajamas into something casual. You wore your necklace before heading downstairs.

"I'm going out for a while. I'll be back later"you spoke before leaving him on your house.

You walked on the beach, loving the wind embracing you. You were caressing your necklace while staring at the sea. The sound of the waves never failed to calm you, it felt refreshing to your ears.

I hope he's not mad anymore.

You sat on the sand and hugged your knees. The kids in front of you were playing which made you smile. You miss childhood, the times when what you think of was to only play. Even though you smiled looking at the kids, you couldn't help but envy them. They were so happy unlike you when you were just a kid.

"Y/N!"you heard a squeal which made you turn around.

"Jisoo?"

"Hey there!"she exclaimed as she hugged you.

"What are you doing here?"you asked wondering why she's here when she's supposed to be at the restaurant right now.

"Jungkook made a mess and spilled a drink on my uniform so he said I should just go home"she replied.

"Jungkook?"you asked, not knowing who he is.

"A co-worker. He's the one taking Hoseok's place during our shift"

"I see"

She sat beside you and showed you her new nails. She loves manicures and sometimes she's the one who is doing it for you since you don't know how. You praised her enthusiastically and showed her great reaction. You still can't hide the fact that you're thinking about what Jin is doing now.

She talked about the things she bought recently like earrings, shoes and bags. You weren't really paying attention so you kept on nodding on what she is saying.

"Let's go to your place"she said, standing up which made your eyes widened.

She started to walk so you followed her immediately and grabbed her arm, making her stop.

"What about your place?"you suggested, trying to change her mind.

"Sounds cool but your house is nearer here, besides there's a Sunday next week so at that time we can hang out in my house"

You weren't showing it but you were panicking internally. You couldn't inform Jin that your friend is coming since you can't contact him. He doesn't have a phone or anything.

You just kept walking with her until you reached home. She was waiting for you to open the door but you just stood there.

"Why are you sweating so much?"she laughed.

"Actually I.."
You took a deep breathe.

"I don't think you should go in"you stated. She raised an eyebrow and before she could start talking you spoke.

"Because I-"

You were interrupted by the sound of your front door opening. Your eyes widened as you saw him. He opened the door and looked at both of you. Jisoo's jaw dropped.

"W-who is he?"she stuttered, looking at you with eyes wide.

"I'm her friend. Nice to meet you"he smiled and reached his hand out to Jisoo. 

Why does he look so calm?

"Nice to meet you"she quietly said and shook his hand. Jin stared at you and you gulped nervously. You gestured Jisoo to go in and you went inside after her then Jin closed the door. Jisoo looked so confident earlier about wanting to go in your house but now she looked embarassed.

"Uhmm Jisoo this is Jin and Jin this is Jisoo"you spoke and they bowed at each other.

"You didn't want me to go here 'cause you're gonna get laid, huh?"Jisoo teased, whispering.

A/N:
Hi everyone~ I didn't realize this book reached 800+ reads 😳 Thank you so much!! I hope you continue to support and stay tune for more :)
Don't forget to vote!
Stay safeeeeeeeee❤️❤️❤️❤️