Chapter 32: Rest

#JusticeForJohnnyDepp

Your P.O.V.

You Apparated back into the Goldstein apartment, but this time without the kindest and funniest muggle you've ever meet, let alone became friends with.

For a moment it was completely silent, nobody moved a muscle, still trying to comprehend what happen just a few minutes ago.

Your gaze was fixed on the floor. Head bowed down. Face emotionless, but tear-stained. They slowly started drying, creating hardened salty lines from your eyes to your chin making the skin of your face itchy and sticky.

Suddenly, you heard quick steps making you raise you head. It was Queenie, rushing towards her and Tina's room, clearly struggling to keep herself together. She quickly closed the sliding doors behind her and that's when you heard it. A loud, violent sobbing.

Honestly, in that moment you felt... confused. You knew that Queenie lost the most of all of you a couple of moment ago. The thing was that you kind of didn't know what to do next. It was beyond awkward standing there in a silent living room area with Queenie bawling her eyes out just behind the door. To be frank, you weren't good with people. Should you stay to comfort her and keep her company, or maybe she actually wants to be alone?

Both Newt and Tina stayed silent while your head was pondering trying to choose what to do next. Your neck started hurting slightly so you straightened up without really thinking. That one incorrect movement caused sharp pain in your shoulder and down your arm, harshly reminding you about now for sure broken shoulder. Thankfully, you were already trained enough not to show it in any way.

"Well... Um... sh-should I leave? Or should we leave?" You asked while slowly turning your head towards Tina.

Breaking the silence was very unusual for you.

"We?" She asked.

"I mean... Maybe Queenie wants to be alone right now, so Newt and I can leave," You said to Tina after which you turned to Newt."You can stay over at my place... Of cource if you want to, that is."

You quickly blushed, realising what you actually said.

Newt's eyes went round for a moment before he rather forcefully gathered himself.

"Yes... Um... I-I think it's the best option. That way I won't bother you anymore." Newt said to Tina, flashing that quick awkward smile of his from under the curly mop of hair on top of his head.

"If it won't be too much of a burden for you..." He said now to you.

"No." You responded rather quickly which made you sound awkwardly frank.

Newt slightly smiled looking at you and then back down on the floor.

Tina didn't look too pleased with your offer. You knew that she wanted to keep Newt around, but she also needed to take care of her sister. She let out a heavy sigh.

"Okay." Tina said,"But maybe you could visit? Before you leave." She quickly added, sounding very hopeful.

"Oh, we will." Newt said.

"Good night, Tina." You said while stepping towards Newt, offering him to hold onto your good arm.

"Good night."

Newt softly held onto your arm and you Disaparated away.

Since your apartment was sound-proof you Apparated right into it.

After everything that you've been trough in the past days it was so nice to be back home. Back in the warm and welcoming environment you've developed over the years. It wasn't much, but it was enough to make and keep you as happy as you could be.