Make me

~~~

Naruto jumped from tree to tree. He was slowly closing in on Konoha. It had been an hour or two since he had fought those Iwa-nins back at the Land of Hot Water.

And even longer when he left the Sato estate.

Naruto saw the village gate. He did one last jump before he landed onto the dirt road that led towards the village gates. Naruto saw that Izumo and Kotetsu were surprisingly awake and on guard.

Naruto waved at them.

"Aren't you two supposed to be sleeping?" Naruto grinned as he went flying past the two. They grumbled as a response. "Man, we're total jokes." Izumo said.

"Agreed," Kotetsu nodded. They had been guarding this gate since the beginning of time. Naruto jumped onto one of the nearest houses around him. He looked towards the horizon.

Naruto had to go to the Hokage Residence and report back on the mission details. Naruto yawned as he jumped from roof to roof. Naruto neared the Hokage Residence building.

It took quite some time to get there, but it was fast enough. Naruto jumped and disappeared in a swirl of leaves. He appeared right in front of Tsunade doing her papers.

"I have done the mission. Here for mission report." Naruto bitterly bowed to his disliking. "What did Sato Yoshio want?" She asked Naruto as he lifted his head back up.

Naruto thought about it for a moment. Tsunade didn't know about the Sato Family or its estate. Since she didn't know before, she doesn't need to know now.

"There were some suspicious movement that was happening around the vicinity of his house. So, he grew paranoid about the potential dangers and invaders." Naruto told her.

He had left some of the important parts that she could potentially use.

"Anything else?" Tsunade asked. There must be some more information than just that. Naruto raised an immediate eyebrow and shook his head.

"Nothing else of major importance. Unless you want me to report in the minor details as well?" Naruto asked a he suggested the unwanted idea to her.

Tsunade shook her head to that idea.

"No. You are free to leave." She told Naruto. He nodded and disappeared in a swirl of leaves. Tsunade sighed as she laid back into her chair. She suddenly heard a window close to her suddenly open.

"Are you going to send the letters out?" Jiraiya asked as he sat on the window. Tsunade nodded as she pointed towards the 4 rolled up letters on her desk.

"Are you sure about doing this? Quite a risky move that you're trying to play here." Jiraiya told her. Tsunade just nodded. She knew what she was trying to do was risky business.

"It doesn't matter. This war has been going on for almost 4 to 5 years now. I need it to end. This might be our chance to settle things." Tsunade wanted to drink some sake quite badly now.

"I'm just suggesting that maybe this isn't quite a good idea on Konoha's part." Jiraiya wanted her to at least entertain the idea of his to not follow up to it.