𝖋𝖎𝖋𝖙𝖞 𝖙𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊

[trigger warning: death, gore, war
listen to the song for best effect]

[trigger warning: death, gore, warlisten to the song for best effect]

THEY HAD THE SAME EYES.

It was disorienting to look at - the icy silver that she was so familiar with. His hair was the same colour too, streaming past his shoulders.

But if Draco had that deadly glint in his eyes, Lucius' was twice as dangerous.

Elara weighed her options in the next second. Run and take the longer way around to the Great Hall - or get past Lucius.

And even though she knew running would cost her precious time and every second wasted was another life taken, it wasn't that thought that made her wrap her fingers tighter around her wand.

This man had destroyed Draco. He had broken his son and then turned him into a weapon to be used by Voldemort. He had plagued Draco's life, had induced the burning self-hatred she'd seen in his eyes, had haunted his dreams.

This was the man responsible for Draco's pain - and indirectly, her own.

And she was going to kill him.

The smirk on Lucius' face resembled that of Draco's when he was feeling ruthless - but it was harder, with a murderous edge to it that should have made Elara's throat run dry.

But all it did was spur her on. She'd wipe it off his face.

He expected her to run. She almost smiled at the thought.

"Come to play?" Lucius purred, the wild gleam in his eyes reminding her of a predator that had locked eyes on a weak prey.

The smile that curved on Elara's lips was almost as cruel as his. He thought she was another helpless Hogwarts student, shaking and trembling in her shoes. He didn't even know who she was.

He would by the end of this.

"I do love games," Elara drawled, twirling her wand in her hand as she advanced a few more steps. The crazed smile on Lucius' face dimmed at her tone. "Well? Do get on with it, Lucius. I don't have the luxury of time."

The snarl that morphed onto the older man's features was enough to make anyone quake with fear. But Elara was far past that point.

She wanted his blood spilled.

"Come, kitty," Lucius sneered and she caught the movement of his fingers tightening over his wand, did the same around hers. "Come and be killed."

Red filled her vision as the spell left his wand and Elara blocked it with her own, both spells meeting in the middle of the deserted hallway and fizzling in a burst of red light. Lucius advanced, expression bored, and Elara blocked all three spells he sent towards her, clenching her teeth at the effort.

She sent two Stunning spells spiralling at him and he twisted away from them both, still striding forward, his arm outstretched as he shot two consecutive spells at her. Elara's pulse pounded in her ears as she ducked beneath one and blocked the other, hissing as the force pushed her back a few steps.