(31)

Kuroo's POV

"That's one way to have a first kiss." I joked, pulling Kenma closer towards me as we sat on the ice. He punched my arm and laughed at me, still sniffling a bit. "What I didn't say it was bad, it was a great first kiss."

"I was literally crying my eyes out." He countered, rolling his eyes as he rubbed the last of his tears from his eyes.

"Yeah but now we can look back at it and think, wow that was cute."

"Cute?"

"Alright maybe cute's the wrong word, it's wholesome."

"You make no sense." He said in his usual monotoned voice. As much as I would've loved to stay hugging Kenma while he rested on my shoulder, the ice was getting a bit cold.

"Hey, are you hungry?" I asked as he squirmed around, the ice obviously starting the get to him as well. He simple nodded in response, I stood up and pulled him up with me. "Then let's go out to eat."

I, of course, took Kenma to our usually cafe. I debated taking him to a new place to eat, but at the end of the day he'd be most comfortable somewhere familiar and we always went here so it just made sense.

Kenma ordered an apple pie while I ordered a strawberry cake, the food came out quickly since the place wasn't all that packed. I knew what I was about to say would dampen the mood but I feel like I had a right to know, not only that but I needed to know if I was going to make the remainder of our days great.

"So," I started as he took a bit from his apple pie. "When do you.. you know leave?" He looked down at his food.

"Saturday morning." Oh shit, that's soon. I figured when he cried that it was soon but I would've never imagined it was this soon. "I know it's soon." I could tell he felt bad about it, I know for sure he felt guilty, so what exactly was I suppose to say? How could I reassure him this wasn't his fault?

"So then what's our Thursday and Friday plans?" He looked up at me, a bit shocked. "Oh and not too mention the weekend plan."

"The weekend plans?" He asked confused.

"Well yeah I'm helping you move in of course." He looked at me like that wasn't a given, obviously I'd help him settle in. I mean I gotta check out where he'll be living, make sure it's safe and all.

"Kuroo you really don't have to." He practically whispered, almost as if he didn't want me to hear it at all.

"I know," I said much louder than he spoke. "But I want too." I saw him smile day at his lap before taking another bite of his food, he really was adorable. "Can I kiss you?" He looked up at me with widened eyes.

"Kuroo!" He whisper-yelled. "We're in public." I sighed and watched him look around in slight panic. He was right per usual, if people saw us we'd both be in trouble. Although, now that the first kiss is out of the way I want to kiss him again, all the time.

"Yeah, yeah I know." We want back to our food and finished it before heading back home, I never did end up getting my second kiss but we still had two more days, plus the weekend, and I'm sure I could figure out how to get more.

I walked Kenma to school on Thursday, like I normally did, however, this time I asked Suga for some advice. Him and Daichi take back streets when they walk home together so that they can be a bit more open. Using his direction, I woke Kenma up early just for this moment. We walked silently hand in hand down the quiet, empty street. Only old people lived here who were in no way going to be up at 6 in the morning.

"Kuroo why'd we go this way." He asked holding his phone with his free hand, he hadn't looked up from it once.

"Obviously to hold your hand while we walked." I explained with a bright smile which I was hoping would spread to him. Don't get me wrong I've seen Kenma smile before but he was never very expressive, at least not with his happiness.