Eight

Too say Raina was worried about Sirius Black was an understatement to say the least. It had been four days since the Quidditch game. Four days since their interaction in the dungeons.

During those four days, Sirius Black was not the same as he was. He didn't hysterically laugh along with the Marauders, in fact the Marauders hadn't particularly laughed at all.

The halls were free of pranks and hexes, and even classes were quiet, for James and Sirius weren't being total goofs, and instead, calmly doing their work.

Raina, like many others, began to question the behavior of the four, though she took it to the next level.

She noticed the small things, like how James awkwardly sat next to Sirius, and Peter awkwardly sad beside Remus, and how neither Sirius or Remus even bothered to look at each other. Well, Remus didn't bother to look at Sirius.

Sirius actually tried countless times to talk to Remus, though Remus ignored him every time.

Raina could hardly remember the night of the party, she knew Sirius was upset that night, but she couldn't remember the reason.

Raina spent days wondering what was wrong, she became obsessed. And when no answer came to her itself, she couldn't take it anymore.

"Okay. What's wrong?" She asked, placing herself next James at the Gryffindor table. The four looked at her baffled that she had just done this, but she ignored their faces.

"You four a worrying the whole school. It's been forever since any of you have gotten detention!"

The four boys continued to look at her confused.

"Oh for Merlins sake, what happened?" She demanded.

"This is none of your business, Raina." Sirius sternly said.

"Oh? Well you wanted to talk about it four days ago." She reminded him.

"I was drunk. And so were you." He said, clenching his jaw.

"Drunk?" James asked, snapping his head at Raina. "You've been drinking?" He asked angrily. "Merlins beard, Raina you're fifteen-"

"Shut up, James." She said. "Now someone tell me what you fours problem is."

Remus looked down angrily.

"It's no use." Raina heard a voice say from across the table. She turned her head to see Lily Evans looking at her. "I've tried to ask already."

Raina blinked at her. "Was I talking to you Evans? Stop acting like you care."

"Raina!" James snapped. "Why can't you be nice to Lily!" He demanded.

"Why can't you tell me what's going on?" She demanded back.

"Because it doesn't concern you, Raina! Why is your nose always where it doesn't belong?!"

Everyone froze, and turned their heads to see an enraged Remus. No one expected Remus Lupin to snap at someone like that. Especially Raina.

Raina's mouth dropped slightly, and Remus' features immediately changed guilty.

"I-I'm so sorry, Raina."

Raina stared at him. She wanted to say something but she couldn't. What was she supposed to say?

Raina took advantage of this moment. She forced a tear to break out, sure it was manipulating, but once she wanted something, she would stop at nothing to get it.

Raina looked down, letting the tear slip past her eyelashes. Remus' face completely fell.

"Way to go Remus." Sirius scoffed. "You've made her cry."