childe ❧ study date

"quit smirking and kiss me already."

childe / tartaglia x readerfluff ❧ childe is surprisingly good at school & helps you out bc you're failing

fluff childe is surprisingly good at school & helps you out bc you're failing

(childe route of the college au ; sequel to roommates)

.

"How the hell did you get 21 as an answer?"

You threw your hands up in utter confusion, Frustrated beyond belief. "I. DON'T. KNOW. PLEASE. HELP."

"Man, you're worse than Zhongli at math." You glared at Childe to which he shrugged off.

A chuckle left his lips, "and like I said, I can only help with the math part— I dont even major in biochemistry." You cried, tossing your pencil aside in annoyance.

"I don't get it at all!" You cried out, slumping over the desk. Childe laughed before taking another glance at the problem. "Well— you can give Xiao a call."

You sighed, "that's the problem. The bastard won't pick up because he's sick of me being dumb and wants me to 'learn it yourself'" You mimicked the green haired boy to which Childe laughed at your imitation of the five foot something demon man child.

"Did you tick him off or something?" You shrugged in response. "I don't know. I even bought almond tofu last night so I can appease him BUT NOTHING WORKS." You cried, shaking your head.

"That's it! I'm doomed. I'm dropping out of college." Childe chuckled at your behavior before quickly scribbling down a few things, writing the answer down. "In any case— I solved it."

Your head snapped up immediately and looked at him in absolute disbelief. Contrary to what Xiao might think— Childe was an actual saint right now.

"OH THANKS THE GODS— YOU ARE A SAINT TARTAGLIA!"

Childe pouted as you flung your arms around him. "You know that I don't like being called that~" You giggled, apologizing.

He showed you how to solve the bane of your existence in a matter of seconds which baffled you. How come he was so darn smart? (and attractive— and annoying but mostly attractive— oh and rich—)

"Holy moly— that's too much." He laughed, his laughter echoing the empty apartment as Zhongli was out at a class and Xiao was probably out buying groceries.

"It's not that hard. You just had to readjust the equations a bit so that it would fit this scenario and format!" You scratched your head in confusion which prompted another fit of laughter from him.

"So like— you just put these together...?" You pointed at the two separate numbers to which he nodded. "Yup, and the mass of sulfur would go here while the unknown solution would be here."

"Sulfur.... Mass.... Unknown.... what..?!'' The Childe mentally face palmed. "How are you a biochemistry major?"

"So... you put these together... and then these combine... Huh?" He watched as you furrowed your brows in confusion. Pencil furiously writes down the equation, crossing things out and adding them. A very concentrated look emerged on your face.

Childe chuckled softly, smirking at your focused expression. He teasingly uttered a few words of encouragement towards you but you knew better than to believe what he was saying was true. The man was jesting and found most joy in teasing you.

"Oi— shut up and let me focus." You spat out towards him which prompted him to tease you further. "But you're doing so well~ I just wanted to compliment you for working so hard~"

You rolled your eyes at him. "Okay thanks—! Now shush." Childe pouted at your words, whining about how heartless you are. "Since I helped you, don't I deserve a reward for my effort?"

You turned to him, raising an eyebrow in confusion. "What?"

A smirk laced his lips, "kiss me."

You almost choked on your spit when he said that. A very vibrant blush appeared on your face when you started to berate him about this. "WHAT?! D-DON'T BE S-STUPID! I-I'M NOT DOING THAT!"

Childe huffed, pouting at you. "After all of that, and you won't even give me a simple kiss~"

You took a deep breath in before sighing. "Okay fine— one quick kiss. No more." Childe beamed, smirking at you. "Oho~ I didn't know you would give in so easily. Perhaps you like me?"

You scoffed, rolling your eyes. your arms folded across your chest. You glanced away, red as a tomato before you insisted that he hurried up and just kissed you already.

"Quit smirking and kiss me already."