13: Gerard Way The Overgrown Emo Baby

Needless to say, this wasn't exactly the best situation that Gerard Way had found himself in, and really, Frank's presence, in fact, did nothing but make the whole damn ordeal a whole lot worse.

Because, poor old Mrs Way wasn't quite anticipating that after a long, hard day at work, to walk into her own home and first of all, have a damn strong smell of weed hit her, only then to be faced with the unavoidable scene in the living room: her eldest son practically making out with a boy.

Okay, they were far off making out, but it had been a particularly stressful day and the weed smell was really not helping.

"Mum- I..." Gerard was caught like a deer in the headlights, and reckoned getting hit by a truck was the preferable option right now, but the safety of metaphor never quite brought that kind of reassuring consequence. "I..." And there was not a single word in Gerard Way's vocabulary that could quite stretch to explain the situation to his poor old mother.

Frank was left in the rather awkward situation of just sitting there: red cheeked and cross legged, trying to come off the least like an asshole as possible and praying that Mrs Way wasn't one of those mothers who would strangle him and exorcise him without a second's thought.

"Please don't tell me that's weed I smell, I mean, Mikey, kind of would expect this from, but you’re the oldest, you're supposed to be sensible and mature, and not kiss random guys in my living room, for god's sake, Gerard-" She shook her head, pausing for a moment, before making her way into the living room.

"It wasn't him with the weed, okay." Frank sighed out, piping up and ready to get slapped for it - by someone, anyone, but perhaps, just maybe, Gerard Way did stupid things to his head and maybe that was just something he was stuck with accepting.

Mrs Way raised her eyebrows in Frank's direction, not sure quite what to make of the boy, which the first impression she'd had of was seeing him kissing her eldest son. "Do explain."

"It was Mikey, well me too, but Gerard doesn't do drugs, I promise you that - he's a massive loser, everyone knows that." Gerard couldn't help but consider shoving Frank for that 'massive loser' part, but he knew that now was really not the time.

"Mikey's not here, is he?" Mrs Way sighed out, and Frank got up, meeting her eye level, and really, Gerard was just about to punch himself in the face here as he got up too.

"Frank, please-" He tried, he really did, but Frank made it all too evident that he wasn't at all interested, and that he was prepared to go down like a fucking idiot for Gerard.

"Mikey was here, look... it's really complicated, Mrs Way, I'm sorry... I. Look, Mikey and his friend Pete were here first and they were the ones with the weed and then I came over a little later to see Mikey, and weed was involved, and Gerard came home at an entirely different point - he had absolutely nothing to do with the drugs, I promise you, Mrs Way." Frank sighed out, past the point of even wondering just why he was doing this at this point. "Mikey and Pete left after Gerard arrived."

"Why?" She asked, looking between the two of them, still unsure as to just what to make of this 'Frank'.

"Because Mikey knows how I feel about Gerard and he was just being an asshole about it." Frank sighed out, biting down on his lip and making a point to look everywhere but Gerard's direction.

"What-" Gerard jerked up at that, eyes widening, but Mrs Way most certainly did not have the time for this. 

"Okay, fine. I'm getting Mikey home right now. I'd appreciate it if you could stay here... Frank, was it?" She sighed out, glancing between her son and what she assumed was his boyfriend once again.