Chapter 26

The day started out as normal as it could

The day started out as normal as it could. Once Lavender was done getting changed, I made sure she had something to eat for breakfast. I didn't want her to be hungry for the rest of the morning. She looked really small and I wanted to make sure she was healthy.

Throughout breakfast, Braydon, Josie and Max were all asking her questions. Some asking how she was and others asking what exactly happened with Candice.

At one point, Braydon even pointed out the hickeys on her neck. She blushed and looked down. I just smirked at her reaction. I guess she forgot to conceal them. She was so cute and would be all mine.

Josie looked up at me knowingly but still had a doubtful look in her eyes. I know she had a good reason to be skeptical. Whether is has to do with Jonas or 'there', I understand. She's Lavender's best friend and I'll respect that.

Eventually, we all got in our cars and drove to school separately. Josie forced Max and Braydon to go in different cars. I'm pretty sure there's something going on with them two and I think everyone else suspects it too. I don't know if Max is gay though so I could be wrong. They were really close and Max would always blush at things Braydon says.

Braydon went in a car by himself while the twins went in their personal car. Me and Lavender went in my car. Only then did I see the colourful plasters that littered her arms. Why did she have plasters on her arms? Was she hurt? Why didn't I see that before?

She placed her bag in the backseat of the car and ,before she could sit in it, I grabbed her upper arm and pulled her elbows up to my face so I could see if my eyes were seeing correctly. I made sure my grip wasn't too tight. I didn't want to hurt her more.

I was seeing correctly. She had plasters on her hands. I looked back at her face with a pained but angry expression. I didn't like to see her hurt.

"Why do you have plasters on your elbows and hands?"

I leaned in forward and she backed up against the car. Her mouth dropped open and she placed the back of her head on the car so she could look up at me. She didn't reply though.
"I said why do you have plasters on your elbows and hands?"
I leaned in further and gripped under her knee to pull her body closer. She widened her eyes and blushed. Her breaths came out ragged and she seemed to be getting a bit hot and heavy.

"C-Charlie what are you d-doing? We're o-outside."
She looked around us. Josie and the others had already left and her back was faced towards the house so they couldn't see us from this side of the car.

I gripped her chin and pulled her face to look at me again. My hand travelled to her neck while the other travelled further up her leg. She tried to pull it away but I just tightened my grip on her.