THIRTY-EIGHT

THIRD PERSON.

"You'd think this plan would make perfect sense," Gavin said as the four of them were almost running to Kai's house, almost out of breath but continuing to speak, "Except it doesn't, Corbyn makes no fucking sense."

"Oh my god Gavin it's not that hard," Summer replied, "We get to her house, we go up to her room and help her pack and Noah and Ebony do the talking."

"So where does Corbyn come into this?"

"He's ten minutes away." Ebony told the boy, "If we can't convince him then Corbyn will."

"And if Corbyn can't?" Gavin asked them as they all came to a stop, glancing at each other confused, "Well?"

"He can't do much, she's 18." Noah shrugged, "She's an adult now."

"I thought you weren't an adult until 21?" Gavin tilted his head.

"Gavin stop distracting us all," Ebony rolled her eyes, "Corbyn is right down the street, Kai is up in her room, we need to get this plan going before it all becomes chaos."

"Right, sorry." He nodded before the four began to head to the house again, walking up the driveway and inviting themselves into the girl's home.

And while Gavin and Summer went up to Kai's room, Noah and Ebony headed towards the back of the house, where they suspected Jason to be.

"Jason?" Noah called out as Jason turned around to face them, a bucket of water in his hands, "Can we speak to you?"

"What about?"

"So, we noticed that Kai hasn't been all too happy with living here." Ebony mentioned, her voice slightly quiet and slower than usual as Noah nodded his head in agreement.

"And that she was much happier when she was out of Lakeside, with her boyfriend." Noah added on.

"How do you know that?" Jason asked before the two glanced at each other.

"Kai told us.." Noah lied, not wanting to admit that it was Corbyn who had told them almost everything, just in case it got to the wrong side of the man.

"Right," Jason nodded once, turning back around and placing down the bucket.

"So we think," Ebony said, walking towards him, "We think it's better for her if she leaves Lakeside."

"Did she get you to talk to me?"

"No," she shook her head, "But she's 18 now and she wants to move out of her comfort zone more and we just think it'll be good for her."

"I appreciate the concerns Ebony but-"

"Christmas is over and done with and you spent it with her so surely she should be allowed to go," Ebony interrupted Jason as he turned back around to look at her, "She has people outside of Lakeside now and she's more than old enough to make her own decisions."

Jason sighed, his gaze going just past the two teenagers stood in front of him as he caught a glance of a familiar car before a bit he had met countless times before got out of it.

"Please." Noah said, distracting Jason from where he was originally looking as he moved his gaze to Noah, "Just admit it, she's not happy here."

"Fine." He replied, "Where is she going?"

"Wellll," Ebony smiled slightly, her hands behind her back as she turned her head towards Corbyn, gesturing for him to come over to the three of them.

"No, not with him." Jason shook his head as Corbyn's face fell, coming to a stop in his tracks as Ebony and Noah looked at each other, "You're not a good influence."

As silence fell within the four of them, an awkward tension rose in the air as no one wanted to give Jason any ideas of changing his mind. Looking between each other, Corbyn eventually sighed and shoved his hands into the pocket of his jeans.

"Why?"

"Hm?" Jason looked over at Corbyn.

"Why am I not a good influence?" Corbyn asked, "I didn't force anything, she hasn't done anything she didn't want to do, she's still back here in one piece, how am I not good?"

"She never told me she was going to leave with-"

"She didn't intend to leave with me originally." Corbyn interrupted him as Ebony shot a slightly nervous expression towards Noah, "I just happened to be here as she was leaving, none of it was my intention."

"So maybe," Corbyn continued, "Instead of forcing her to stay somewhere she doesn't want to, you let her go where she wants."

"That wasn't in the plan." Noah mouthed to Ebony as she shrugged and shook her head, turning back to Jason.

"Go tell her to pack her things," he sighed, shrugging slightly as Corbyn slowly nodded, turning back around and heading towards the house with Ebony and Noah quickly following behind him.

"That was not in the plan." Ebony told him.

"I wasn't going to take no for an answer." Corbyn replied as he rolled his eyes, "Besides she can still visit whenever, I'm not going to force her to never come back."

"She better come back because we will miss her way too much," Noah said through a small laugh.

"We will both come visit," Corbyn smiled, "Anyway are they helping her?"

"That or they've gotten distracted."

"They are most definitely distracted." Ebony nodded.