you fight but can't sleep without each other

Sana trailed after you as you rushed up the stairs. Before she could put her foot in the doorway to stop the door from closing, you were slamming it shut and turning the lock. You fell onto the bed and closed your eyes to try to catch your breath and forget everything that happened between you and Sana.

It was a little argument that had blown out of proportion. Both of you had bad days, both of you felt stressed. A movie night would've fixed it! If, you could've agreed on something.

You wanted one thing, she wanted another, and you couldn't seem to meet in the middle. Before you knew it, you were both letting your stresses out by arguing. Though both your words and hers weren't exactly hurtful, they did sting.

A knock on the door made you snap out of your thoughts and your eyes open once more. You heard Sana sigh from the other side of the door before she said, "Fine. If you won't open the door I'm gonna go sleep on the couch. Maybe a night apart will let our heads clear."

She stood there for a minute, secretly wishing you'd open the door, and you sat on the edge of the bed wanting to. But before you could, you heard her walk away and you didn't feel like making things worse by going after her.

Maybe she was right. Maybe some time apart for the night would help you see things clearer. The sun had set already since you both got home late. You were emotional, not just after the fight you had, but also because your day was already rough enough before all of this went down. You're tired and stressed, sleep is just what you need.

So you brushed your teeth and changed into your pajamas before climbing under the covers and turning off the lights. But you couldn't resist rolling into Sana's spot. You already missed her beside you.

The hours passed by slowly, dragging on and on. You tossed and turned restlessly, trying to fall asleep to the sounds of the crickets chirping outside the window or the comfort of the moonlight shining into the room.

But it wasn't enough. It was nothing compared to the sound of Sana's voice or her soft touch on your arm or back.

The longer you laid there, the more the ache in your heart worsened. It was impossible to sleep, despite the utter exhaustion you felt. And soon enough, you found yourself putting your pride aside and kicking off the blankets to go find Sana.

But before you reached the door, you watched the knob turn followed by a soft knock on the door. You froze and bit the inside of your cheek before you heard her voice.

"Y/n? Are you awake?"

You stayed silent, probably only worrying Sana more.

"If you are, I want you to know how sorry I am. I can't sleep, I just keep finding it impossible to. Between not being as comfortable as I would be in bed with you and my mind constantly racing. I'm so sorry. What a stupid thing to fight about, right?"

You couldn't help but chuckle, and though it was quiet you had a feeling she'd heard it.

"I love you. I don't ever want to fight anymore, especially not over something so stupid. I'm sorry. Please let me in."

You unlocked the door and opened it slowly. She stood in front of you with tired eyes and dark circles beneath them. You didn't say a word, you simply put your arms around her neck and hugged her close.

She let out a shaky sigh before wrapping her arms around you tightly. She gently swayed you back and forth for a moment, leaning down to lay kisses all across your head.

"I love you." You whispered as you laid your cheek on her shoulder. "The fight wasn't one-sided. I'm at fault, too. I'm sorry. I know we both had rough days, next time we should just lean on each other and vent."

She chuckled and nodded her head. "I agree."

It was quiet for a moment. You stood there in her arms, refusing to let go. Until she asked, "Can I come to bed? I miss you."

"Of course. I don't like sleeping without you. I miss you too." You took her hand and led her to your shared bed. You fell onto it first and turned onto your side. She let you be the small spoon, instantly wrapping her arms around you and laying kisses on your shoulders and neck.

"Sweet dreams. Sleep well, y/n."

"You too, Sana. Goodnight." You whispered as you drifted off to sleep, at last, much more content now that she was holding onto you.