Chapter 92

Hours later, after many more check ups, Linda was given the okay to come home. Not with her mother though, with Patton and Emile.

Her mother didn't even know she was gone, and didn't question it.

Everyone else went to their homes after wishing Lucia and Virgil goodbye since they had to leave the next day.

————————————————————

Well, the next day came, and the next day went. Virgil actually had fun. He didn't think being cramped in a car with his mother would be enjoyable at all, but this was the most time he'd spent with her in forever.

They talked about their lives, which, they soon found out were more similar than they thought. Neither knew the other was getting hurt for the longest time.

"You know, Virgil, your father wasn't always like this" Lucia said with a smile.

"Pffft, yeah right" Virgil scoffed.

"Hm. Well, we knew each other since we were both very young. He was always so sweet towards me. He always made sure I was okay, happy, smiling...I just don't know what could have possibly changed in his life to have him act so...different." She frowned.

Virgil sighed.

Minutes later they went back to talking about some of the greatest momements in their lives.

"You know, back in the 90's, me and the girls would get together and go to the mall, sticking out our...desireable features, walking around with such certainty and winking at every guy we saw..we were so desperate for attention"

Virgil laughed and cringed at the thought of his mom being a gold digger.

"Yeah, oh, we'd use everything we had to get noticed, how do you think Rose ended up with such a fine man?" Lucia asked.

"You knew Rose back then?! If you knew her than why did you never let me Pat and Em hang out?" Virgil asked.

"Oh it's not that I didn't let you guys hang out, it's just that..well, you hated each other" Lucia smiled.

"What?!? Me?! Hate them? You're fibbing!" Virgil yelled in shock.

"Oh no, it's true. You three used to literally beat each other up when you were two, and Patton..well he was such a frail baby, really, and since Emile was older than you both by nine months you were frail too, and well, we didn't want you guys to kill each other, so we saw it best to not get you guys to interact with each other.."

"...Mom...we were two we could have changed over time!"

"Oh, we were fairly new to the whole parenting thing and were worried, don't give me a hard time" she chuckled, "Raegan was really the only one I didn't know. I knew her husband though, through my senior year of high school."

"Wow..I can't believe I never knew this about you! What about Janus' mom?"

"Oh, Delilah? Jeez, kid, Where do I even start with her? She was such a loose screw sometimes!"

And they talked for what seemed like centuries, laughing, and enjoying each other's company.

....And fighting over slim jims.

Virgil of course stayed updated on the group chat for more info on Roman and Linda's states. Because even though he gave zero shits for Roman, and had barely even known Linda existed, he needed the drama.

___________________________

"Carl you will not taze that cat" Paul sighed.

"Why not? It's obviously part of the crime scene" Carl explained, pointing to Roman's car, "it was next to the car when it crashed"

"Dear god Carl, just because it was next to the car doesn't mean it actually made it crash! This is not among us! Sometimes I wonder how you even got this job"

"Luck. And I slept with the manager"

"What?" Paul asked.

"I'm kidding, I haven't slept with anyone besides you in like six months"

"...you got this job in 2010" Paul stressed.

"Well now you make me sound old."

"You were born in 1983!"

"Exactly"

___________________________

"We're here!" Lucia yelled, smacking Virgil with a duffel bag.

"OW! What's in there, bricks?!" Virgil asked sourly.

"Nope. Seashells. Now get up" she smiled.

Virgil groaned.

He got up, and took a deep breath. He was about to meet his family. ...extended family. Whatever.

Lucia rang the doorbell...and the door opened.