19.

Chapter 19.

The music was blasting, vibrating the floor and piercing my ear drums.

I used to love it, the sound, the bass. Now? I wish I was back home with Xavier, where we had the whole night to ourselves.

With this, I knew Xavier felt the same. By his tense posture and the death grip on my hand, I knew he didn't like being here either.

Yet, even when I knew he wasn't enjoying it, even though we had just stepped foot into the place, Xavier still commanded this dominance around him, he walked across the floor with elegance and what seemed to be power.

It blew me away, how he could give this sense out, yet inside he didn't feel that way at all.

Katie had gone straight to the bar to order in drinks without any hesitation, whilst I pulled Xavier over to a table.

"Here will do." I stated before flopping down on to one leather seat. Xavier sat down beside me on the same long seat.

On the way down, his leg brushed only a touch against mine, causing me to gasp slightly.

Xavier snapped his face to mine, his eyes penetrating my body. From then on, I could feel the same crackling of electricity fly around us.

His magnetising self pulling me in, I couldn't stop. I could feel it all around us, the pull, the sparks, the chills and the heat between us.

Did Xavier feel it too?

Xavier slid his cold hand against my exposed thigh and slid it up further, the coldness of his hand against the heat of my thighs did nothing to calm me, but ignite the fire around me.

Xavier leaned down to my ear. His breath fanning against it. It created goosebumps across my arms and all of the exposed skin.

"Mmm." I heard Xavier mumble huskily in my ear. I couldn't cope any longer.

He seemed more relaxed now as he tucked up against me, half of his body touched up against mine. His mouth near my ear and his hand against my thigh.

But I wasn't relaxed.

Before any other actions were made, Katie came barreling up to the table. Xavier moved away from my body but his hand sat still on my thigh.

"Here you go!" She beamed as she slammed down the drinks on the table.

Two shot glasses sat on the table in front of Xavier and I and also two beers.

I looked at them skeptically, and Xavier made no attempt to retrieve it.

"Go on." Katie pushed. Xavier shook his head, whereas I looked to her with narrowed eyes. "Go on." She pushed the drink further to me, I sighed before picking up the shot and downing it. Katie cheered before doing the same.

Katie laid down another shot before me.

"Really?" I shouted over the music. Katie nodded with a gleam in her eye. She downed another shot, and before I could pick up the other shot for myself, Xavier came closer to my ear.

"Careful." He demanded firmly. I nodded my head, to show him I would take it slower. I knew drinking didn't sit well with him, so I didn't want to make him feel uncomfortable in any way.

Xavier wasn't exactly T-total, he just didn't drink often. I didn't know why myself, but I didn't really need to know.

Xavier sipped at his beer quietly as he sat there brooding beside me. Katie was already on the dance floor, but I couldn't seem to want to move away from Xavier.