CH. 3

The girl looked at the Tavern she ate at for two days, she was walking back and forth pretending not to be waiting for anyone. She then saw that she was not as hungry as a month before. She looked at the families and friends eating, laughing and drinking together and felt faint longing. For what? She didn't know...

"I know the place is a bit disoriented, but it's a great place for keeping one's tummy satiated." Once the girl heard that boy's voice she narrowed her eyes and looked at him. He looked at her and only grinned. "Well, hello there. How are you? Were you waiting for me." she knew that look, he was trying to act sneaky. She only shrugged and entered the place like she owned it.

In the other hand the boy stood there smiling, but the smile didn't reach his eyes and a nerve was visible on his forehead.

That stuck up brat!

He huffed putting his hands on his hips and shaking his head tsking in disapproval, then entered the Tavern like he had no choice.

"How old were you again?" He asked once he sat down looking at her eating to her heart content.

"I am twelve, I told you before." She answered and continued eating again.

The nerve on his forehead was close to popping.

"so, what is your name?" He asked after she finished eating. But she was silent. "Don't tell me...that's a high in price answer. That's harsh kid." He couldn't just believe the amount of pride that kid had.

"I don't want to answer. Is it wrong?" She only stated like it was the obvious thing in any human nature to have the choice, to have the choice to eat and to have the choice to answer, but probably the humans forgot that some people had these rights...

The boy couldn't argue with what she said and he only ruffled his hair in frustration, "it's not wrong."

"Okay, fine. What is your favourite color?" He asked. I still have all the time in the world. Be patient.

She looked at the reflection of herself in the transparent glass. And when a moment of silence passed she replied. "Red..." with glazed eyes.

With that they went outside, and although they stood there silently it was awkward for both of them, the girl was not opening up and the boy didn't want to cross any limits to her comfort.

While they stood there every person passed them stood to stare at the girl in peculiarity. The man frowned and looked at the girl who stood rigidly as if nothing is happening.

"So...your friends are not with you today?" He asked.

"Wasn't the question of today asked?" She didn't budge from her place. She looked at the horizon with unfeeling eyes, the man narrowed his eyes at her feeling already burdened by the agreement he made himself, as a guardian he felt degraded. A mere child is besting him at his game.

Stuck up, stupid....kid.

"Why are you like that, can't we just be friends?" He genuinely wanted to crack that head she had and see what she was thinking.

"Friends? I don't have friends...they abandoned me.." she murmured the last part to herself.

"is that why you don't want to make friends with me?" His eyes softened a bit.

She glanced at him from the corner of her eyes and shrugged...

Pop...

"Kyaaa! What are you doing!?" The boy felt like that was the last straw he had for that little mischievous girl, that his nerve actually popped and from that nerve cracking his head he held the girl and threw her in the air catching her mid air.