Chapter 18

Rosé's P.O.V

"Here, take this," I whispered to Taehyung as he lightly moaned in pain. He was shirtless in his bed, he had a room all to himself so we didn't have to worry about waking anyone up in the middle of the night.

"Fuck, I didn't think it would hurt this much." He said, chuckling to himself. I didn't think it would get this bad this quickly either.

"Don't worry, I'm sure the pain will be gone by morning. You'll be healthy enough to go to school and I'm sure no one will suspect anything." I said to him, making sure he knew that everything would be okay. Though I'm sure he could hear the uncertainly in my voice.

"Thanks. I don't know where I would be without you." I saw him take the ointment from my hands and slowly place it down beside him.

"If it starts hurting again, just apply the ointment, it'll stop the pain," I said as he nodded and laid back down on his bed as I helped him.

I saw him close his eyes as he let out a huge sign. I stare at him one last time with a bittersweet smile on my face.

Then I leave.

Sorry Taehyung, but this is all I can do for you.

I go outside to see that no one is around the dorm, it's complete silence. They all must be asleep.

My legs were killing me so I sat down on their sofa for a while. I'm sure no one will mind.

I let out a puff of air and lean my head back to rest. I feel all the tension loosen up in my body and it feels great.

It's been about four to five days since Taehyung had a whole escapade with Jennie and the others. They eventually came back and had to told us everything.

To say we were shocked was an understatement.

Namjoon especially was furious. I had never seen him so mad before.

But he eventually calmed down and started to ask if they needed anything or were hurt.

Typical Namjoon.

The man is so soft he can't stay mad for more than a few minutes. Irene and I couldn't stop chuckling at the way he had such a worried expression on his face when Taehyung was only eating Wendy's soup peacefully.

It was adorable.

It's been a few days since then and nothing got worse, but nothing changed either.

Taehyung was still pretty weak and I could sense that slowly and gradually he was having less and less control over his powers.

He would randomly experience pain in the scars left by his cut off wings. He would be so sleepy but his body would refuse to let him sleep as if to punish him for cutting off his wings.

Suddenly it would start raining in the middle of the day so hard it almost felt like hail. But as soon as it would hit the ground you could hear it splash and disperse as normal rain would. It was super weird.

Yesterday I'm sure if I hadn't given Taehyung a sleeping pill to help him sleep he probably would've caused a full-on snowstorm. I mean think about it, snow, mid-October. Not on this magical planet no.

But seeing it all happen right in front of me and not be able to do anything useful, is a super painful experience.

I just wish there was a way I could help him.

Everyone has school and The Magic School Tournament is only two weeks away, we all are always so busy with our stuff.

I just wish somehow we would have more time to figure out how to help Taehyung.