Chapter 22 - Wait!What?

Unknown Place

"Samprati! Why is the work not done yet! When will I get to hear those golden words. I feel like I have been waiting since eternity, how long? For how long will I have to wait." said a man with an agitated look.

"Apologies ShukaNaresh. Over the past few days, the security arrangements were so tight that it was imposssible for even a mosquito to sting them, let alone kill them. 

"I don't want any excuses. I want ram dead at any cost. Mind it." his  voioce roared in the entire sabha as he moved towards samprati and pointed his finger towards him.

Samprati lowered his head and said in a barely audible voice " As you  wish my majesty."

Ayodhya

Shatrughan's POV

I was busy reading the scrolls, sitting in my room. The weather was a bit more  hot according to the normal temperature of Ayodhya and humidity was at its peak. "I hope it rains soon.I always had this personal liking for rainy season. The smell of soil after the first rainshower is a treat.

"Ghana!Ghana!" bharat bhaiya's voice broke my trance as he entered my chamber with a lot of papers in his hands."Have you seen those papers."

"Which ones?" i said turning back noticing lines of worry on his forehead. 

This is how my Bharat Bhaiya is, getting stressed on petty things. And I know very well that the papers he is looking for must be in those bundles only.

"Aaree those papers about the volume  of trade this season. There were some mistakes in it. I have to complete it today only. Where are those papers?" he said giving out a frustrated groan.

"Ohho Bhaiya! Here give them to me, otherwise they will fall." I said rising from the bed and taking all  the papers from his hands and sat on the bed again while he took a glass of water from the bedside table groaning in annoyance.

"They are not in this bundle ghana. You know I am searching for them since past one hour, but they are like after my life, they won't be found this easily. " he said all this with his back facing me while he gulped the entire jug while I sat on the bed , cross legged and smiling.

"Ghana! Why are you not responding. I am saying na they are not here" he said a bit loudly and turned, only to see me smiling. "What?" he asked with a questioning look, while my smirk just widened. "No" he said in a low voice

"Yes" i replied amused

"no!no!no!"

"yes!yes!yes!"

"This is not possible, I literally checked it thrice." bharat bhaiya was shocked. I just swinged the paper in air, which he took from my hand abruptly and stared at it blankly. i just stood there controlling my gigles.

"Okay!Okay!Fine, It happens bhaiya. Not a big deal. Come on we should get going to the Puja hall before we get late, otherwise Mata Kaushalya won't leave us." i stated.

"but..."

"Aree Bhaiyaa, leave na, let's get going." and I dragged him  forcefully to the Puja hall.

Puja Hall

 Author's POV

"See here come our two monkeys, now only two are left. Where are the other two?" Kaushalya questioned as Bharat and Shatrughan took Guru Vashishth and their blessings respectively.

"Come on didi, Ram is not a monkey." Keikeyi pointed

"Doesn't matter. But where are Ram and Lakshman. They know na, today is Vishnu Pujan, they cannot be late for the puja."