Fifteen: Watch your back

Once again I wake up to a pounding headache and loud noise coming from the kitchen which scares me because I know damn well I live alone

Once again I wake up to a pounding headache and loud noise coming from the kitchen which scares me because I know damn well I live alone. Quietly getting up from my bed, I look around my room and spot my long umbrella in the closet so I grab it and tiptoe into the kitchen. As my eyes land on a chiseled back making breakfast, I prepare to swing but he hears me then turns around and catches the umbrella.

"Milani, if yo lil ass had of hit me in the back of the head with that motherfucking umbrella, I would've forgot who you was and gave you a quick two piece." Drummer says as he throws my umbrella on the floor and puts the food onto plates. "Now sit down, eat yo food, and take this medicine cause I know yo head hurting."

Rolling my eyes, I do as he says because I'm too tired to argue. We both sit down at my table and eat our food, my eyes constantly looking at his tattooed body. I don't know if I'm still drunk or what, but he looks so damn good right now. I just wanna swallow his whole body up.

"I know you like what you see, but damn, you ain't gotta stare." He smirks cockily, ruining my mood.

"Why you here and where yo clothes at?" I ask, taking the medicine he gave me.

"Lani, I know damn well you remember last night. You came to my bar, we got fucked up, you was being a tease then I saw Ariyah and Holloway together, you and Ariyah traded words and you beat her ass. Brandon called himself putting us in check and you was too fucked up to drive home so I drove us here in your car. We had got a lil freaky and after I got up to piss, you was slumped when I came back."

"I really don't remember that much. It's all a blur, honestly. I'm glad I whooped her ass though. She deserved it." I say as I start washing our dishes. "Thanks for the food, but you can leave now. I need to get to the studio and let my girls know that we're not going to the competition."

"Why you gone do that?"

"I used the money you gave me to fix the windows for something more important. I'm not about to have them practicing with no windows. That's dangerous! Someone could walk by and steal their bags off the floor or attack us and at night, it gets cold. I don't want them to get sick because they can't perform if they're under the weather." I explain before calling a window repair company to see if they can install new windows ASAP.

"What did they say, Milani?" Drummer asks, seeming concerned.

Sighing loudly, I run my fingers through my hair. "They're booked for two weeks and they have to be the ones to fix my windows because they're the only company that specializes in those type of windows. They were glare proof so that the sun wouldn't blind my dancers."

Drummer takes a shower in my bathroom while I lay in my bed then we switch places and I do the same. Once we're both dressed, we lay in my bed; both of us still tired from last night's shenanigans.

"Lani, I know you're upset about the competition, but I'll pay for the windows to be fixed whenever the company is free. Can you drop me off at my car? It's still at the bar." He asks me, getting up from the bed.