Twenty Five||That's My Dragon

The first Kellso I had taken down broke off of the ranks from the rest of its group and ran towards me. Its flesh was like stone and crumbled off of its body as I drew my sword down onto its form. I stabbed it in its neck, and black, oozing tar seeped from where the blade had punctured it. The next Kellso was larger in size than the first one. Its body cracked with the movements it made. I had severed off a leg and watched as it fell in a crumpled mess of black rocks.

These types of Kellso were the dog soldiers of the real threat. The more powerful Kellso took on the shape of the beast of the pelt it wore and were far more dangerous than these. What was before me, I would describe as demons.

As I made my way into the heat of battle, Kayne was instantly by my side. "What do you think you're doing?" He shouted, bringing his sword through one of the Kellso running towards us.

"Fighting," I said as my sword went straight through a stomach.

Kayne shook his head, giving me a smirk. We fought side by side, ripping through the black bodies with ease. The dragons above us retreated to the mountains. They had not gone down into the midst of the battle, and no other dragon went up to fight them. The battle only went on for a few minutes, and after that, we were standing in victory.

"Where did you learn how to fight?" Kayne asked as people started to form into groups.

"My father." No one around me realized it, but finally admitting to myself that Alec was my father was a big deal to me.

"Danger, twoleg! There are more coming!" Naxan's panic was evident through the bond. I whipped my head in the direction of the mountains.

Baylen clasped my shoulder in his, giving me a small shake. "You're alright. You know that?"

The others couldn't feel them, so why could I?

The shadows tightened around my organs. They lashed out in hunger at the feeling of them being near. They were getting closer by the second.

"It's not over," I breathed.

Kayne gave me a look of concern. "We won. It's okay." He held onto my arm and lightly squeezed it.

I shook my head, breaking free from his grasp. "No. There's more."

"What the hell are you talking about?" Baylen looked from me to where I was looking.

"They're coming." And with those final words, more pooled out from hiding, crawling out from every direction. There were black demons as well as the mutated creatures I had seen in books. The dull-colored dragons were back with more, and the sky erupted with flames as they carried their assault down to us.

A glowing, orange light could be seen in the mountains. A raging fire that held violence. I knew it was Naxan, but other riders thought it was of their own.

I rolled away from an oncoming demon, slicing at its belly. Its body fell, but more took its place.

"Salic." A voice hissed near me. A wolf-like creature stalked around me. "The king will be pleased." The creature's words were drawled out, and they gurgled in its throat. It lunged towards me. I ducked low and stuck my sword out in front of me. The Kello's body slid down the length of the sword. I pushed the beast's body off of mine and made my way back into the battle.

"Twoleg! Watch!" Naxan shouted as I felt something slice into my shoulder. I cried out in pain, feeling the warmth of blood trickle onto my skin. Turning, I nearly didn't have time to duck as another beast came hurtling towards me.

"Salic." The demon hissed the same word as the other had done before.

"Oh, shut it!" I slashed my sword in its face while yelling. It jumped back and dodged my assaults. It gave out a high pitched laugh as I kept pushing it back. "Die!" It chanted, others joining in. "Die! Die! Die!"