Chapter 31 - A superhero that was sadly taken down on a mission

Semi-edited

"Alway's," He whispers glancing at me with a longing look in his Chocolate eyes.

"Why are you so nice to me?" I ask.

Chris gives me a confused look, "What do you mean?"

"I started dating you're best friend when I had feelings for you," I state, disgusted with myself.

He laughs to himself and drags his hand through his hair, "I have to admit that was a shitty move on you're part, but I know why you did it so I forgive you" He mumbles looking down at his lap, "Even though it aggravates me that you're dating Dante."

Shit, I forgot to tell him that me and Dante are no longer together.

I need to tell him, now.

"I broke up with him today."

He whips his head so fast in my direction, I'm afraid he's gotten whiplash.

"You what!" He exclaims happily while smashing his hands down onto the steering wheel, and by accident honking the horn.

He's adorable, I wish I could take a picture of his smiling face.

His smile brightness up his whole face, his dimples are prominent on his clean-shaven olive skin tone, his gorgeous silky brown wavy hair, and plump rosy lips are to die for.

Chris is the most gorgeous guy I've ever laid my eyes on.

My mom always told me that when you first meet someone you only see their looks, but the longer you get to know them, the more their looks go away.

It doesn't matter if the guy is the hottest man in the world, if he's a jerk he's a jerk, that's all you're going to end up seeing.

The looks aren't going to matter anymore.

That's what happened to Dante.

He was hot, and I feel for his scam, like a fool he took me as.

But I'm not a fool, and I'll make sure everyone that crosses me knows that.

I can tell Christian isn't like that from the moment I met him, he's a genuine person, he's caring and loving.

That's hard to find nowadays.

"I mean I'm sorry about your breakup," He says with fake sadness and concern.

He's such a dork.

"Oh shut up," I say laughing and hitting his shoulder as it shakes due to his own laughter.

Once he controls his breathing he suddenly gets quiet and serious, "I'm not going to tell you I'm sorry, because I'm not."

"I know you aren't."