18.

THIRD PERSON POINT OF VIEW

A silent sky with only the sounds of crickets chirping can be heard as two teenagers sat under a bare tree that stood in the middle of a wide field flooded with daisies and dandelions.

How funny yet beautiful at the same time to think that something this dull and ugly stood out amongst a sea of beautiful petals, just like Makinohara Shinyya.

She always thought of herself as a plain being and sometimes even talked to herself about how different she is compared to her bandmates.

Violins are better played solo and are more fitted for formal events, that's what her mindset constantly tells her, yet she chose to play in random gigs at small bars, garages, or anywhere as long as she's with the band.

Memories flowed over once again as she stared at the sky; a lone star, shining brightly amongst the others caught her eye. She can't help but relate it to herself.

Then her eyes moved to the other ones surrounding it, a wave of sadness flashing over her. Mom. She thought, subconsciously pointing at a random star and moved to the next. Dad. Ari. Colt. Ryuu. Ishima. Emilia.

Suna watched her reach out her arm to the sky as she whispered those names, making him wonder: Are those her bandmates? Sighing, he lets out a fake cough, making Shinyya's attention turn to him.

"A-ah! Sorry." She nervously laughed. "I was just thinking..."

"It's fine," Suna answered. "Wanna talk about your nightmares?"

"Not really...no." The ravenette exhaled sharply as Suna nodded in understanding, turning back to the sky. "Thanks for bringing me here though, I need some time to breathe."

"No problem."

Should I ask her about the dream? The brunette thought. She doesn't seem to even remember me.

"Nē, that shirt you're bringing."

Suna snapped his direction to her and raised the shirt slightly in front of her, eager to make Shinyya remember what happened during that night...especially with him.

Please remember. Please remember.

"It's cloth is too thin to keep you warm, don't ya think?" She laughed.

Suna lets out a heavy sigh before laying on his back with one hand behind his head and his other clutching the shirt tightly. "It's not mine. I'm just bringing it because I want to."

"Who's is it then?"

"My friend's."

"I see." Shinyya muttered.

So she doesn't remember at all. Suna frowned and lowered the piece of clothing down, upset.

"It's just that, I have one before." She continued. "I just can't remember where I lost it."

Suna just hummed in response, looking down on the shirt he held. His sharp glaze studied every detail for the third time and still no flashbacks of what happened that night, making him sigh out in frustration.

"Can I ask something?" Suna then turned to Shinyya who had followed to lay beside him; the long scar in his sight.

"What is it?"

"What happened to that?"

Shinyya's eyes followed to where Suna's finger was pointing and found it directed in between her cheek and neck. Instinctively, she clasped her palm over the scar and chuckled nervously before answering, "Oh this? 'Tsumu...uh, accidentally pushed me then I tripped and got scratched by a sharp edge. 'Twas painful if you ask me."

"That's so Atsumu of him." Suna replied lazily. Lame lie. "So, are you ready for the competition?"

"I still got a month a half, I'll be ready by then." Then the ravenette turned to the brunette. "Would you want to come watch me?"

"Heh...I'll only end up sleeping."

"But you said you enjoyed seeing me play!" Shinyya pouted childishly, going back to her usual self.

"I didn't." Suna lied, deciding to tease her longer.

"You did and that got my hopes up to think someone actually loves my music other than the twins and Hina-san!"

"Maybe you just heard me wrong."

Huffing in defeat, Shinyya sat up and crossed her arms. "Well whatever. It's not like I want you there anyway. Kita-san and the others are a better audience than you are. They'll sooo cheer me on."

Amusement flash in Suna's eyes as he watched Shinyya sulking quietly. Good thing I recorder everything. He thought, turning to the small rock near them where he hid his phone that had everything recorded since they got here.

Suna slightly chuckled, sitting up and rested his elbows on his knees and spoke, "Sure, bub. I'll watch you."

"W-what?" The nervousness in Shinyya's voice was evident as she turned to Suna with a flustered face.

"I said I'll watch you."

"N-no. The word before that phrase."

"Oh?" Suna squinted his eyes and smirked. "Bub? I decided it will be my new nickname for you."

"H-huh? Why?"

The middle blocker shrugged lazily and answered, "I think it's cute. Suits you. And almost everyone on the team calls you Chibi now, I want to call you something else."

The silence made Suna wonder what had happened to the girl beside him since she didn't anymore respond. He turned to the side and found Shinyya looking the other way with both hands clasped on either sides of her face.

Instantly when Suna got a slight glance at her extremely, beet-red colored face, a smirk crept up.

"Are you blushing, bub?"

"I'm n-n-not!" Shinyya stuttered.

"Maybe I should flirt with you more, hm?"

"Y-y-you know the twins wouldn't want that!"

"They're not your parents." Suna deadpanned and leaned closer just in time Shinyya turned to face him.

A chill rushed up Shinyya's spine as her eyes witnessed Suna's sharp, greyish-yellow glaze staring straight at her with their faces only a few inches apart.

Their close distance got both of them blushing madly, but Suna managed to hide it whilst Shinyya didn't.

"T-t-then I should call you Rinrin too!" The ravenette blurted out, unable to take the awkwardness.

"Rinrin?" Suna tilted his head lazily. "Okay. Guess that's fine."

"Ha! Rinrin!"

"I don't get what's so funny 'bout that."

The middle blocker went back to his deadpanned expression before turning back to the sky. Suddenly, he felt a weight on his shoulder and heard silent snores from beside him.

He turned to his side once again, looking down to see that Shinyya has fallen asleep on his shoulder with a peaceful and calm expression on her face. The sight made Suna's slanted eyes soften the longer he stared and it was then he realized why the twins were overly protective of this—

Precious. He thought and smiled.

But somehow he had the sudden urge to protect her from something, he just had no clue from what and where this urge suddenly came from.

Bringing his arm to securely wrap around Shinyya's waist, Suna adjusted her position and carefully lowered her body to make her comfortably lay on his lap.

His slender fingers ran through her soft, dyed hair, poking her cheeks every now and then as he admired every detail of her features that he unconsciously will never get bored of staring at.

"What happened to you that night?" Suna mumbled to himself and looked up.

Maybe I'll have another dream, this time it'll be the continuation?

Sighing, he looked down on Shinyya once again and muttered, "Sleep well, bub."