• 145 •

Shin remained still in his spot, unable to say anymore words as he ducked his head down. He did not dare look anyone in the eyes.

The next thing Shin knew, he was scooped up into the air and he found himself in a warm embrace.

"Shin! You are back! You are safe!" Kiyae exclaimed, wearing a bright smile as she tightened her arms around Shin. "It has been three years!"

"..."

"When you disappeared, do you know how much we panicked?! We could not find you anywhere!"

"..."

Kiyae felt a hand on her shoulder, and she turned to look.

"Oi, Kiyae. He is going to suffocate to death at this rate, because of your boobs." Haru nudged at the motionless Shin, rescuing him from imminent death.

Cecil nodded along Haru's words, after all, she experienced what it was like being hugged by Kiyae.

It was like squeezing the life out of you.

"Ah, my boobs," Kiyae continued grinning, releasing Shin and placing him down on the ground. "Welcome back, Shin!"

Shin greedily gulped in the air, finally showing some reaction.

"Awwww, you still look as cute! Come here!" Kiyae squealed, wanting to hug Shin again.

Shin panicked, immediately running towards Cecil and hiding behind her.

Cecil was confused.

Xue made a face, somewhat unhappy at Shin instantly choosing Cecil as his shelter.

"No, no more hugs," Shin glowered. "Your boobs are scary. My ribs hurt."

Hana burst into a hearty laughter.

K'xug snorted, not expecting a soul fragment of Xue to say those words.

"Oh, booooo. Just one more hug, Shin! It's been three years since we last saw you!"

Kiyae took a step forward, making Shin recoil back in horror, hiding behind Cecil.

Cecil was still confused, blinking rapidly.

Xue noticed how bewildered Cecil was by the situation, and he couldn't help but bite on his lower lip.

She's so cute.

The soul fragments were all agreeing with Xue for once, nodding solemnly.

"Oi, Shin. Come here."

Haru beckoned Shin to come closer to him, and Shin approached Haru, throwing a cautious glance to Kiyae.

Just as he expected, Kiyae wanted to lunge for him once again.

"Ryo, grab onto her," Yun commanded. "Like your life depends on it."

"Don't wanna--"

"A week's worth of your favourite sake."

Ryo hastily complied, jumping onto Kiyae. "Yes, captain! I'll grab onto Kiyae with my life!"

Shin took the opportunity to bolt towards Haru.

Haru shot his head up, pointing to himself. "I...did not say anything?"

"Ah, Ryo! Let me go! I can buy you a month's worth instead!"

Ryo brightened up, almost releasing Kiyae.

"Where are you going to get that money from?" Yun adjusted his glasses, glancing at Kiyae struggling.

"The money? Obviously, from you! You are in-charge of our money!"