• 26 •

Ewatomi didn't even bother to check the Physics assignment the teacher had given them. She planned to meet up with Luke later in the day and ask him to explain it to her.

Ewatomi chuckled, even the heavens seemed to be providing opportunity for her to see Luke more and more. She didn't need anything to tell her Luke was dangerous. He didn't wear a mysterious air for nothing.

He was an only child and had freaking rich parents, what could he lack? Nothing but Ewatomi knew he had more than that to him and she was curious. Each time she saw a new version of him, she wanted another.

Ewatomi knew she was getting greedy but she didn't care. She just wanted to know him better and more. She wanted to be a special person to him.

Many of the SSS3 students were still in their white coast during break. They rushed their food and snacks while hurrying back to the lab.

Nobody told Ewatomi Luke was in the lab when she didn't see either Kunle or Luke. After buying snacks enough for three to four people, she headed towards the Biology lab.

She asked after Luke before heading towards the Physics lab. She walked inside steadily ignoring the curious looks her way.

"Snr Luke" Ewatomi called as Luke turned while his eyes flickered in slight surprise.

"Are you very busy?" Ewatomi asked and Luke chuckled before shrugging his shoulders.

"Not really" Luke replied as Ewatomi dropped the paper bag on the table.

"I didn't see you in the cafeteria so I decided to bring this" Ewatomi said as she looked around and sighed.

"Thankfully, its enough" Ewatomi said as she turned towards others grettibg them.

"Snr Kunle, Snr Bolaji, Snr Eunice" Ewatomi greeted and Kunle waved at her in greeting before opening the paper bag.

"I have problems with my physics assignment" Ewatomi said and Luke nodded.

"Wait for me after school" Luke said and Ewatomi nodded as she pursed her lips.

"Okay. I won't disturb you any longer. Bye" she said before walking away.

Bolaji reached for a bottle of coke before glancing at Luke whose eyes seemed to be fixed on the girl who was climbing down the stairs shaking her head and giggling.

"She's Tomi bah? Shade's assistant" Bolaji asked and Kunle nodded her head.

"Shade will make things hard for her. You better take a clear stance now" Eunice said and Luke chuckled.

"Shade will not do anything to her" Luke replied as he reached for the egg rolls.

"And besides, I have taken a clear stance concerning Shade" Luke added as Eunice raised an eyebrow without anything. She took another glance at Luke before she continued eating her snack throwing her head sideways.

He and Shade had not spoken since the incidence as the latter avoided him. He did tell her to stay away from him though.

"So? We should expect a sister-in-law" Bolaji said as Luke glared at him.

"Persin wey you suppose don pay your respect" Luke said in pidgin, the accent flowing out of his mouth like nature while Bolaji laughed.

"I'll pay my respects next time don't worry" Bolaji replied as Kunle glanced at Eunice who was looking outside. She seemed distracted but Kunle knew she wasn't.

He chuckled as he glanced at Luke. He shook his head slightly before wearing a small smile.

"Attracts too many people" Kunle whispered as Eunice turned to him. The latter winked at her before he continued eating.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Ewatomi sighed again as she checked her wristwatch. Luke hadn't appeared even after one hour that school had closed.

She had told Fayoke to go home earlier as she had a few things to do with Luke but she couldn't find him. She folded her arms with anxiety in her heart as she waited.

"Ewatomi, what are you waiting for? Let me walk you home" Matthew said with a smile as Ewatomi smiled back at him.

"Don't worry. I'm waiting for Snr Luke" Ewatomi replied as Matthew smiled.

"Its getting darker and he's not coming so let's just go" Matthew said.

"How sure are you? He asked me to wait for him after school" Ewatomi said as Matthew sighed.

"Its been almost one hour since school closed. Every where is empty already, except for the boarding students. I'm coming from the SSS3 block, its empty" Matthew replied as Ewatomi winced.

"Its empty?" Ewatomi asked as Matthew chuckled.

"Didn't you already check his class?" Matthew asked and Ewatomi nodded.

"Thrice" she replied and Matthew nodded his head.

"I thought he was a gentleman, making a girl wait for this long. And you said he's caring. I can see his care clearly" Matthew said as Ewatomi frowned.

"Either ways, you can go home. I'll wait for him a little bit" Ewatomi said stubbornly as Matthew gritted his teeth.

That bastard had already bewitched her.

"Its getting late Tomi, let's go" Matthew said again while Ewatomi folded her arms waiting.

After waiting for close to thirty minutes without Luke in sight; Ewatomi finally gave up. She felt bitter and weird as she and Matthew walked alongside each other.

She remembered Luke telling her to wait for him after school. It wasn't the first time he was asking her to wait. Different questions ran across Ewatomi's mind with each step she took. Did something happen? Did he forget? Did he get irritated by her? Did he suddenly realised she was a pest?

Ewatomi shook her head trying to shake the negative thoughts away from her head. She had anticipated she and Luke's meeting and disappointment wouldn't be the word to describe how she felt at that moment.

She felt....... hurt.

But she had no reason to feel hurt. He probably got tired from the practicals and went home forgetting her. Why would he forget her? Ewatomi pursed her lips at the possibility.

He probably did forget her. And there she was foolishly waiting for him. When on earth did she start thinking that she meant something to Luke?