• 28 •

Ewatomi still had a slight pale face when she came to school that morning. She had only dropped her phone back in its place without checking so she didn't see Luke missed calls.

"Ewatomi, Snr Luke came to look for you" someone said as soon as Ewatomi entered the class.

"Huh? Me?" Ewatomi asked trying to conceal the excitement in her voice. She slowly dropped her bag on her locker.

"Yes. He said that you'll know where to find him when you arrive" the person replied as Ewatomi nodded and walked out of the class.

Her legs seemed to run a little bit more faster towards the garden. She could already see Luke's from afar off and she could also see that he wasn't in a very good mood.

"Snr Luke" Ewatomi said and Luke rose to his feet as Ewatomi approached.

"Good morning" Ewatomi greeted.

"Good morning" Luke replied as the both of them went quiet.

"Did you wait yesterday?" Luke asked slowly and Ewatomi nodded looking pitiful.

"How long?" Luke asked again.

"Almost two hours, the school was empty before I left" Ewatomi replied and Luke cursed under his breath.

"I suddenly had a serious business so I had to leave in an hurry. There was no way I could tell you. I'm sorry" Luke said as Ewatomi blinked her eyes. She didn't know why she felt her crying.

And Luke apologised to her again the second time that week. Ewatomi was sure they could count the number of people he had apologised to in a year but he had done it twice in a week; to her.

"I called you severally" Ewatomi said in a small voice.

"My phone was at home and I called you back but you didn't pick my calls either" Luke said as Ewatomi's eyes widened.

"You called me back? When?" Ewatomi asked surprised.

"You were probably asleep when I called" Luke replied.

"I thought you were mad at me for something" Ewatomi said softly as Luke chuckled and carried a bag from the chair and handed it over to Ewatomi who looked at him in surprise.

"This is my apology for leaving you alone  yesterday. I'm really sorry" Luke said as Ewatomi slowly collected it dazzled.

Luke slipped his hands into his pockets before bringing out of them to spank Ewatomi on her nose.

"You didn't do anything, why would I be mad at you?  Baby girl, I think you are being too paranoid" Luke said as he chuckled while Ewatomi froze from the name Luke had called her.

"When are you submitting the Physics assignment?" Luke asked.

"Monday" Ewatomi replied and Luke nodded.

"I'll wait for you after school, come straight to my class when you are done" Luke said and Ewatomi nodded.

"I have class now, so I have to go" Luke said and Ewatomi nodded as she watched Luke walk away his steps elegant and firm as always.

Ewatomi sat down on the chair and brought out the contents. There were two boxes and two tickets to watch a movie. One of the boxes contained a huge long chocolate box, the other contained a pair of star designed earrings.

Ewatomi stared at the shiny earrings as she removed her earrings and wore the new ones. Staring at the bag and the things inside, Ewatomi couldn't describe how she felt.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Immediately after school, Ewatomi packed her bag as she and Fayoke walked out of the  class.

"Only God knows who Matthew offended" Fayoke said as Ewatomi turned to her.

"What's wrong with him?" Ewatomi asked.

"I don't know but he's on punishment. He's cleaning the whole toilet blocks in the whole school" Fayoke replied as Ewatomi's eyes widened.

"In the whole school?" Ewatomi asked and Fayoke nodded.

"Just how angry had the person been? Good for him anyways, he easily irritates me" Fayoke replied and Ewatomi chuckled as she stopped when they got to the SSS3 block.

"Okay Fayoke, see you on Monday" Ewatomi said as Fayoke waved at her.

"Have a nice weekend" Fayoke said as she walked away.

Ewatomi pursed her lips as she walked towards Luke class. A question crept into her mind and she tensed up. What if Luke wasn't in the class again? And he wasn't.

Ewatomi sighed as all her excitement drained as if someone poured a bucket of cold water on her. She swallowed her saliva as she turned and staggered.

"Snr Luke!  You scared me" Ewatomi said with an helpless smile while Luke just chuckled.

"I have a few things to take care of, let's go home. I'll explain to you at home" Luke said as Ewatomi's eyes widened.

"We are going to your house?" Ewatomi asked and Luke nodded.

"Any problem?" Luke asked as Ewatomi shook her head.

"At all" Ewatomi replied as Luke nodded.
.
.
.
.
.
They got to Luke's house in no time and although Ewatomi wasn't awed by the gigantic building in the compound, she couldn't help but praise the architect. The interior of the house was really nice.

Ewatomi wore a small smile when Luke held her hand as they walked inside the house. The interior was even more sophisticated and more elegant.

The maids in the house looked shocked upon seeing the duo as they quickly made way for Luke to pass through. They climbed the stairs before Luke pushed his room door open and led Ewatomi into the room.

Ewatomi seemed surprised as she took in Luke's room. Very large and spacious. Neat and tidy, everywhere was well arranged and Ewatomi turned to Luke with a small smile.

"The maids do a very good job" Ewatomi said as Luke chuckled.

"I clean my room myself or sometimes my dad does when he's around. The maids can't enter my room" Luke said and Ewatomi looked extra surprised.

"Drop your bag and seat down" Luke said as he removed his wristwatch and placed it on the table. He removed his tie and started unbuttoning his shirt.

Ewatomi felt her throat becoming parched and dry as she watched the latter unbutton. He seemed to have forgotten Ewatomi was also in the room and even the latter as well, wasn't interested in letting him know.