Epilogue

Luke never understood why students made Valedictory services a big deal. You were leaving secondary school so what?

Except for the fact that he gets to see all his classmates and friends for the last time, he didn't really place any concern on the ceremony.

The large hall was filled to the brim and so were the canopies outside the hall. The ceremony was already coming to an end as the Principal was giving out their testimonials.

While the guys were dressed in grey suits, the girls wore all kinds of grey English gowns but the ash and white VS gown covered it anyways.

The students cheered for their seniors as they walked up the stage to collect their testimonials. The cheers went up a higher notch when Bolaji's name was called. He walked up the podium, collected his testimonial and the principal gave him a brief hug.

He was definitely one of the best Senior Prefect Boys Preston had ever had.

"Adele-Akinniyi Luke"

The students screamed ontop of their voices as they cheered. Many of the parents turned backwards to see who the students were so actively cheering for so loudly.

Luke walked lesuirely towards the podium a small smile on his face. He collected his testimonial from the Principal who glared at him before engulfing him in a hug.

"Thank you sir" Luke said as he waved his testimonial in his hand and walked down the podium with the students still shouting and yelling after him.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"I feel numb from taking all those pictures" Luke complained while she his mom rubbed his hair.

"You'll need them in the future" she said and Luke nodded.

"Yeah, yeah"

"I'm proud of you" Mr Adele-Akinniyi said and Luke scoffed.

"You are always proud of me. Let's come up with a more creative compliment" Luke said as Mrs Adele-Akinniyi burst into laughter. Even Ewatomi couldn't hold hers.

"Okay. Well done" his dad said as Luke stared at him bewildered.

"Really Dad?" Luke asked as they burst into laughter.

Ewatomi has been flabbergasted seeing Luke with his parents. He was so free with them. She had almost passed out from fainting the first she saw Like interact with them.

It was as if he was talking to his friends, elder brother and sister. But she could clearly seen the respect Luke had for his parents and she could also see the love they had for him.

"Mom, you brought your car?" Luke asked and his mom nodded.

"Okay, I'm going to go for a drive. Just around here" Luke said as his mom sighed.

"Its your VS, shouldn't you hang around a little more?" She asked and Luke shrugged.

"There's nothing special about this VS of a thing you know. Just share the food and let's go home. I'll see you at home by the way" Luke said as he dropped a peck on his mom and dad's face.

"Let's go" Luke said as he walked towards his mom's car and opened the door for Ewatomi to enter.

He started the car and drove out of the school as Ewatomi decreased the volume of the music.

"There are a lot of things special about the VS ceremony you know. Those people you saw today, you might never see some till you die. Finishing six years of school isn't a joke. Its something to be happy for" Ewatomi said as Luke glanced at her before smiling.

"Captain Lonewolf, Mission AJ102 has been unlocked"

Luke wore a sly smile immediately as he looked at the rear mirror of the car.

"You have someone on your trail" a voice said in his head and Luke chuckled and turned to Ewatomi.

"Do you want to have fun?" Luke asked as Ewatomi looked at him weirdly. Each time Luke wore smiles like that she knew he was up to something.

"Huh?" She asked with a small smile.

"Seatbelts please" Luke said as Ewatomi immediately fixed her seat belts.

"Let's shake this thing off" Luke whispered ad he slammed on the accelerator.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
DONE AND DUATED PEOPLE.........