~42~

"They are coming" some yelled. Everyone got their silly string cans ready, spraying the two as they walked in.

Nathan and Haley tried to greet everyone as the party began.

Brighid migrated around making sure no problems arised. As she made her way to the present table she was met with the biggest surprise, her mother.

"Mom? You came?" Brighid questioned giving her a quick hug.

"I did. Although now I'm thinking I shouldn't"

"No, Haley and Nathan will be happy" Brighid said as the two walked up behind her. She smiled before stepping away letting the three of them have their moment.

"Help me" Peyton whispered whisking Brig to the side.

"That guy behind me. There's like five or ten more from stupid Lustfactor. Brooke signed me up and they won't go away" Peyton said checking over her shoulder.

"Peyton what do you want me to do?"

"I don't know get them to leave" Peyton said once again.

"I think you're on your own" Brighid said as she noticed Jake walk in.

She quickly dodged through people, jumping into his arms.

"Woah, scared me there" Jake said giving Brighid as kiss on the head.

She smiled grabbing his hand and leading him to the dance floor. Jake and Brighid were having fun, being careless teens when a voice caught their attention.

"He's not a man, he's a boy" Deb said raising her voice. Jake and Brighid walked over hoping to defuse the situation quickly.

"Mom" Brighid muttered.

"No! Brighid. You're no better. A pregnant teen daughter and an emancipated married teen son. I did not raise my kids to be this" Deb shouted outraged.

"Mom!" Nathan said standing next to Haley's parents who looked bewildered at Deb.

"The pregnancy was one thing. But none of this would have happened if you people had had enough common sense to stop it" Deb continued.

"Mom! Enough" Brighid said raising her voice.

"Brighid stop, this is my fight not yours" Nathan said to Brighid. The three were now in a fight with one another.

"I am not going to stand here and make nice and pretend like this is all okay when it isn't"

"You fucked up Mom. You were absent and you let dad control us but don't stand here and act like it wasn't your fault. It was. It was everyone's fault. We all played a part in each other's demise" Brighid shouted back. Jake grabbed her hand stopping her from going off.

"Mrs. Scott with all due respect-" Jake began when Haley cut in.

"If you aren't here to celebrate please leave. It's one thing to raise your voice with me but not with my parents. Nathan and I made the decision and we are happy. So please stay and celebrate or leave" Haley sassed.

Deb stood there for a few seconds before storming out. Brighid and Nathan exchanged a look.

"Come on celebrate. Don't let this dampen the mood" Haley's parents said all happy. Brighid smiled at them before snuggling up to Jake.

"It's time for the speech" Lucas said to Brighid. She shook her head and hopped onto the stage.

"So, as the little sister of the groom I just want to start off by saying congratulations you two. Haley you are truly the sister I never had growing up and I look forward to making memories with you. It's also nice to not be outnumbered by my two brothers anymore. To Nathan, just remember Haley is so out of your league. Anyways congrats you two" Brighid joked. The crowd laughed and she scurried off the stage standing next to Jake while Haley's parents said a few words.

The night soon after ended and everyone who had set up was stuck cleaning up.

"Go home. We are almost done" Lucas announced to everyone as he and his mom threw out the last garbage bag.

"Thanks again for the help Luke. It was a great party" Brighid said before walking out with Jake. The two hopped into his truck.

"Your mom's?" Jake hesitantly asked.

"Actually I was thinking if I could stay over yours?"

"Yeah, Jenny would like that... and me too" Jake said as he reversed out of the parking lot.

Brighid smiled.