THIRTY| -- .. .-. .-. --- .-.

"You... remember? You mean- you have all your memories?!"

Hun gave a curt nod.

"From your past life!? When, when you were alive?"

Your words were scrambling for understanding as your brain attempted to catch up. Another nod was all the response you received, and your body slouched to the ground in disbelief as the kid seemed confused by your sudden shock.

"Doesn't everyone eventually? I mean, everything was scary and confusing and blurry at first, but they came back. That's what everyone's trying to get to come back, right? Memories? That's what they're obsessing over?"

"N-No!" You exclaimed, legs brushing the dirt of the bottom of the tent as your fists clenched in disbelief. It didn't take long for your wide eyes to focus in on Hun as you tried to allow your words to come out properly. His brown eyes wavered as he processed your words. "Hun, none of us ever remember anything about our past lives. They're trying to get memories written on paper... That means-"

"I'm different," he cut in, face suddenly growing solemn. "Of course I am."

You were surprised by the turn the conversation took as the kid breathed out shakily and his eyes narrowed. You could just make him out in the flickering candle light. Hun only seemed to be 10 years old, which is an age of intrigue. On one hand, 10 year olds seem to be filled with the innocence of youth.

They still play at play grounds, dream of adventures, and yearn for affection. On the other hand, they begin to mature. The reality of the world becomes daunting and weighs on their small shoulders. Sometimes, they have a hard time coping.

Hun was just a child, but somehow the weights on his shoulders seemed so heavy that a maturity and fear had coated his form.

Your thoughts were all over the place, but Hun continued on in a way that only confused you more.

"That's another reason I was starting to like this place," He admitted, pulling his legs closer to himself as he hid his face. "I thought everyone was the same. Even though we all look different, we can all understand each other at least. Guess I'm still different."

These words were shocking, and at first all you wanted to do was protest.

"No, Hun, we aren't all the same here," You found yourself saying. Your heart was heavy as you recalled the work 19 put into every day in the truck. "I know you don't know about this, but there's ranks. You know Jimin? He's gold, and I'm bronze. That means he has a better life here. So, everyone's different and-"

"No," The kid protested, "Jimin hyung has nice clothes, but his eyes look just as tired as everyone elses. Everyone looks hopeless. Which is sad, but at least all the same."

Hearing these words from a child shocked you and finally made you think. Was he right? Your heart dropped when you thought back, and although Jimin's life in the Between seemed finer on the surface, the reality was that he carried many burdens and just as much sorrow as the next number. Just as much as anyone else, and maybe more.

"O-Oh," Your voice trembled. "I see what you're saying then. And when you said we all understand each other, it's because all of us feel the same?"

Hun's eyebrows furrowed as he rolled his eyes. 10 was also the age of rebellion and snarky comments.

"I mean I guess, but that's cheesy. I meant we all speak the same and understand each other's language."

His rude tone made you want to discipline him as your eyes narrowed and cheeks flushed in embarrassment, but then, you understood what he was saying.