39. Bonding time

The next four days were hectic. Even though Jungkook and Taehyung moved their stuff into their new house, all they did was sleep over there. The rest of the time was spent going here and there for the wedding preparations. 

Jungkook was still down about Taehyung not cuddling with him in his sleep, but he was sure it was going to happen at some point. 

Jimin insisted on taking Taehyung back to their house the day before the wedding, saying the grooms weren't supposed to see each other before walking down the aisle. 

Just before Taehyung and Jimin fell asleep, Baekhyun walked into their room and kicked Jimin out. 

"I need to talk to you" he said, looking at Taehyung weakly. "Sure. What is it?" Taehyung asked, scooting over on his bed so that Baekhyun could sit beside him.

"I am reallllyy, really, really very happy for you, Tae...but-" Baekhyun started, but Taehyung frowned at his father. "Are you okay, dad?" he asked, cutting him off and placing the back of his hand on Baekhyun's forehead. 

"You are burning up!!" he exclaimed. "Umm, yeah. I really don't feel so well today and I really don't wanna mess up on stage tomorrow, but I am scared to go and talk to your Harabeoji about this" Baekhyun said. 

Taehyung laughed out loud. "What?! Is he gonna eat you up?" he asked. "That's not it, brat. I am just....you know what?! Leave it! What was I thinking when I came here for help?" Baekhyun muttered the last part as he got up. 

"Dad!! Sorry, come on! What is it? Do you want me to tell him about it?" Taehyung asked, pulling him back onto the bed. 

"Will you?" Baekhyun asked. "Yeah, I will. Don't worry and take some rest. I need my dad to be in his best shape for my wedding. I'll ask Harabeoji if he would walk me down the aisle" Taehyung said. 

"Thank you, Tae! And I am really very sorry that I am no-" "Shhh" Taehyung shushed him immediately by placing a finger on his mouth. "It's okay. I am not upset or anything. It's really fine, dad. Just take rest and get well soon" he said. 

Baekhyun held Taehyung's hand and kissed the finger that was lying on his lips. "I'm gonna miss you" he said, his voice cracking slightly at the end. Taehyung's eyes teared up immediately, but he didn't want to start crying. 

So he did what he was best at. 

Teasing. 

"'Going to'?! You don't miss me already?!!?!" he asked and feigned a huge pout.

"Taehyung, I'm gonna beat you up if you play with me right now. I am your father, kid. I know what you are doing" Baekhyun said, once again trying to get off the bed. 

"Okay, okay, sorry. I'm gonna miss you too, dad" Taehyung said, pulling Baekhyun back onto the bed and into a huge hug. 

"I'm really gonna miss all of you, dad" he said, hiding his face in his father's neck and failing miserably in hiding his cracking voice. 

Before he knew it, two other pairs of hands wrapped around him. He didn't have to pull out of the hug to know who they were. 

"We'll miss you too, Tae" Jimin and Seojoon said. Taehyung sniffled hard. It didn't take long for all of them to break down. 

"Can we have a sleep over tonight?" Taehyung asked, pulling out of the hug and wiping his tears. "Sure!" all of them said. 

"Harabeoji, Dad wants to tell you something" Taehyung said, looking smugly at his father. 

"You traitor goose! I hate you!" Baekhyun exclaimed immediately, his eyes widening. 

Taehyung stuck his tongue out at his father and grinned at him. "You love me" he said and got off his bed. 

"What is it?" Seojoon asked. "Umm....sorry, Abeonim....I am......" Baekhyun cleared his throat nervously. 

Seojoon took his wrist and dragged him out of the room, muttering something about the kid always being awkward and uncomfortable around him. 

Taehyung and Jimin immediately pushed their beds together and stacked as many pillows and blankets on it as possible. 

They were just about to jump on it when Seojoon and Baekhyun walked back in. 

Seojoon walked straight to Taehyung and pulled him into a side hug. 

"I will walk with you" he said. "Really?! Promise?!" Taehyung exclaimed, grinning widely.(Hwarang ;) ) 

"Of course, you jackbutt!" Seojoon said.

Jimin and Taehyung gasped immediately. "Jackbutt!" they exclaimed together, staring wide-eyed at Seojoon. 

Seojoon chuckled hard. "Whose blood did you think you got, monkeybutts? Cursing and troublemaking runs in our blood" he said, smacking their butts one after the other before getting onto the bed.

"Come on, get your asses to sleep. You have to look good tomorrow" Baekhyun said, shooing the two monkeys back to bed. Taehyung and Jimin chuckled and got into the bed immediately. 

Taehyung snuggled up with his father while Jimin snuggled up with his grandfather. Before they knew it, they were pulled into the spell of Hypnos. 

............................

Jungkook didn't think he would miss Taehyung just for that one night. But here he was, rolling around on his bed, without being able to fall asleep. 

He had to sleep in his grandfather's house for he night and he really missed having Taehyung by his side even though they did nothing but sleep without even cuddling up. 

After an hour and a half of tossing and turning around without actually falling asleep, he gave up and got up with a huff. 

He walked to his grandparents' room and opened the door quietly. The lights were already out and the room was silent, so he assumed they were asleep already and began to close the door when Bong Soon called him out. 

"Kookie?" she called. He opened the door wider and poked his head into the room once again. "Can I....Can I sleep with you guys tonight?" he asked hesitantly. 

"Of course! Come here" she said, patting the space between her and Hyungsik. She scooted to the corner so that Jungkook could squeeze in comfortably. 

"I'm proud of you, baby. I am really very proud of you" she said once Jungkook settled down and wrapped an arm around her waist. 

"Thank you, Halme. I'm gonna miss you and Harabeoji" he said. "We are gonna miss you too, Kookie" Hyungsik's groggy voice came from behind him. 

Before he could turn back, Hyungsik snaked an arm around his waist and placed a kiss on his nape. 

"We are gonna miss you a lot" he said. "Me too" Jungkook said, kissing his grandmother's forehead in turn. 

"Now sleep, baby. You need to look handsome tomorrow" Bong Soon whispered. Jungkook chuckled and closed his eyes. 

"Good night" he whispered. 

"Good night" Hyungsik and Bong Soon whispered back. 

"Sleep now. It's gonna be a busy day tomorrow" she said. 

"Yes" he said before falling into a comfortable sleep.