21.

He stood in the doorway to make room for everyone else who wanted to see her awake and okay.

But even from a far, with two black eyes, she looked so beautiful that he couldn't keep his eyes from her.

Laura: "Sean, how in the world did you do it hunny?"

Sean: "I dunno Mrs. Rice...I was just talking to her like I normally do."

She smiled and brought him into a hug before whispering in his ear.

Laura: "I know you don't wanna say too much because of Bailey and your friends, but I'd like to know how you woke her up later. When it's just us?"

He blushed but he felt so at home with Kaycee's family.

Sean: "of course"

Laura smiled and focused her attention on Kaycee who was smiling and carrying on with her friends as if nothing happened.

Laura: "kayc"

She glanced at her mom, tears in her eyes from laughing.

Laura: "me, your dad, Devon, Kylie, and Sean are gonna go grab a bite to eat real fast."

She then focused her attention on Josh and Bailey

Laura: "mind keeping her company"

Josh: "absolutely"

Laura smiled and kissed kaycee on the head before leaving the room.

When they'd made it down to the cafeteria, Kaycee pulled out her phone to text Sean. She was hungry and they didn't even offer to bring her anything before they left.

Kaycee: "bring me some cookies when you come back up please xoxo;)"

Sean: "chocolate chip or oatmeal raisin bubba?"

That nickname was by far her favorite. It wasn't overused and it felt original to her. She loved it.

Kaycee: "ummm, idk, both?"

Sean: "got it, be up soon, ily"

Kaycee: "ly too, thank you"

It felt like a weight was lifted off her shoulders by the fact that she could finally tell him that she loved him freely.

Well between them at least.

A few minutes later Tahani and Julian were walking in with smiles on their faces. Carrying a stuffed bear that said 'get well soon' on its belly.

Kaycee: "aw you guys!"

Tahani: "I didn't wanna show up empty handed, plus you're my bestie"

Kaycee smiled and welcomed Tahani into the biggest hug.

Kaycee: "how'd the class go?"

Julian: "that's what you care about kayc? You just got into an almost deadly car crash...and that's what you're wondering?"

She giggled, along with the rest of them.

Kaycee: "you know me, always making light of the situation"

They all nodded as if they knew, because they did. She'd always been that way.

Tahani: "where's Sean? He came rushing here from Studio V."

Kaycee: "he's downstairs eating with my parents"

Downstairs Sean was relieved that Kaycee was okay, and glad that god was on her side and got her through that crash with minor damage.

Laura: "so refresh me Sean, on how you got her up"

Sean: "I uh...it's kind of mushy and cringe"

Kylie laughed

Kylie: "I love mushy and cringe...go on"

Sean laughed but if anyone needed to know it was them, so he went on.

Sean: "I've been waiting for the perfect time to tell her that I loved her...because I have for literally two years. I didn't want it to be random, because she deserves so much more than that. I sat there talking to her for a good 10 minutes and I had no luck, so I told her. I told her how much I loved her, and she fluttered her eyes open a few seconds later and told me she loved me too..."

Laura was wiping her tears.

Laura: "this sounds like something out of a movie hun"

Sean: "I feel like I'm living a dream, really."

Kylie: "you really do mean a lot to her Sean, you're all she talks about"

Sean: "she's all I think about, so feelings seriously mutual"

They giggled

Devon: "real question is, did you kiss her yet?"

Sean felt the heat rise to his cheeks as he looked down, embarrassed but, he didn't mind.

Kylie: "aw you did!"

Sean: "yeah yeah I did"

Kylie: "oh I'm gonna tease her so bad"

Sean: "tease her all you want at home, but please not in front of those guys"

Laura: "they still don't know about Sean and kaycee yet Ky. So keep it on the down low for now okay?"

She nodded.

Laura was ready to head back and Sean let them leave as he snuck back up to the counter and bought 4 cookies, two of each kind.

It was more than she wanted but, he didn't care. She deserved it.

When he got back upstairs the room was shut and her family was inside, meaning all their friends were in the waiting room.

Julian: "hey man!"

Sean: "hey guys"

Tahani: "bet your glad she's okay"

Sean: "happier than ever...I was uh...supposed to pick her up for class but I was running late. So if I would've just gotten her this wouldn't have happened."

Josh: "this is far from your fault bro, don't put the blame on yourself"

Sean: "it's hard you know? I just feel bad"

Bailey: "we all do Sean but, it's not your fault, and we all saw how happy she was."

Sean: "yeah I guess you're right."

Just then Kylie peaked her head around the corner.

Kylie: "hey Sean, kaycee wants you"

He nodded and made his way to the room, disregarding all of the looks he got from his friends.

Kaycee: "hey"

Sean: "need me?"

Kaycee: "and the cookies"

He laughed

Sean: "I see where your loyalty lies"

She giggled and pulled his hand so he'd sit on the bed next to her.

Kaycee: "and I wanted to see you."

Sean: "I was just in here"

Kaycee: "not for long enough"

He smiled and placed a kiss on her forehead.

She puckered her lips and pointed to them, eager for his touch again, so he smiled and leaned in, pressing their lips together for the second time...feeling whole.