22.

She smiled while munching on her cookies, just happy to be with him.

Sean: "I'm sorry kayc"

Kaycee: "for what?"

Sean: "leaving you to drive there alone"

Kaycee: "it is not your fault if that's what you're getting at"

Sean: "I can't help but feel that way, cause if I just would've picked you up this all would've been fine. You would've been in my arms at home right now"

Kaycee: "but you're here with me aren't you? it's not your fault baby, everything happens for a reason. I know you feel guilty but, there's nothing to feel guilty about. I love you, and that's all that matters"

Sean: "it feels so good to hear you say that"

Kaycee: "it feels so good to be able to say it, believe me"

Kaycee heard the door open and they let their hands break apart, not wanting to be too touchy in front of whomever was coming.

Laura: "kaycee, I just talked to the doctor love"

Kaycee: "and?"

Laura: "they need to do a second round of scans in the morning to make sure nothing else comes up, especially bleeding in your head."

Kaycee: "so we're not going home?"

Laura: "no hunny, but me and your dad are gonna run home and grab you some clothes for the morning."

Kaycee: "what about Kylie and Dev? And the girls? And Josh and Jules?"

Laura: "I told them all and sent them home for the night, it's late and we all know you're okay"

She nodded

Kaycee: "don't go"

She clenched on to Sean's arm and pulled him in, not care that her mom was right there.

Laura: "will you stay with her?"

Sean: "I planned on it yeah"

Laura smiled and placed a kiss on both of their heads.

Laura: "we'll be right back, love you both"

When it was just Sean and kaycee again she pulled on his arm.

Sean: "what?"

Kaycee: "come lay with me"

Sean: "you've got an IV in, I don't wanna pull it out"

Kaycee: "it's in my right arm, not my left bubby. Please lay with me"

He smiled at how clingy she was, but he loved it at the same time. And after the trauma she experienced earlier, he wanted nothing more than to make her feel safe.

Kaycee: "are you gonna go home tonight?"

She placed herself carefully on top of his chest and relaxed into him.

Sean: "not if you don't want me to"

Kaycee: "well obviously I don't, but nobody likes sleeping in a hospital bed, so I get it"

Sean: "there's nothing more that I want right now, than to make you feel safe, especially after the night you had. So relax, I'm not going anywhere, just close your eyes and go to sleep on me."

She took a deep breath and inched closer to him, wanting to be right next to him.

Sean: "I love you bubba"

Kaycee: "I love you too, good night"

Within minutes she was out, he could feel her steady breathing on his chest and he relaxed into the bed.

Only a few minutes later did he feel himself falling asleep too, holding her as tightly as his arms would let him.

Kaycee was a heavy sleeper, so a half hour later when her parents got back, Sean flinched to the sound of them coming in, but she was fast asleep.

Laura: "wow, too precious"

Sean laughed

Sean: "I told her it wasn't a good idea because of the IV and stuff but she insisted, and I felt bad, so I gave in"

Laura: "she's got that effect Sean, get used to it."

They both laughed as quietly as possible in order not to wake kaycee.

Laura: "me and brad are gonna sleep in the waiting room"

Sean: "are you sure?"

Brad: "we're sure son, get some sleep, and take care of my baby girl"

Sean nodded, so humbled that they both trusted him with their pride and joy, especially after a reckless night.

He placed a small kiss on her head and ran his fingers through her hair as he drifted off to sleep himself, for the second time.

Sean: "my god I love you so much Kaycee Rice"

Kaycee: "I love you too Sean Lew"

He was shocked that she was awake but all he could do was smile.

Sean: "close your eyes princess"

Kaycee: "just making sure you didn't leave me"

Sean: "I wouldn't be able to, I promise I'll still be here when you wake up"

Kaycee: "mkay, did my parents get back"

Sean: "yeah they're asleep in the waiting room"

Kaycee: "good so I can do this"

She used all of her strength and lifted her head to place a kiss on his lips.

Sean: "mmm"

Kaycee: "goodnight baby"

Sean: "goodnight"

They fell asleep instantly, and finally, in each other's embrace despite the hard hospital bed beneath them.

Sean was happy that she was okay, and in his arms at the end of the day. The next task at hand was telling their friends, because he wasn't sure how much longer he could hide it.