10

I turn around and head to the Slytherin common room with my heart fluttering
-
-
-

He towers over me like usual, scanning me up and down slowly, and I, once again, find myself craning my neck upwards to see his face. His light brown hair is parted in the middle, and is messy from him running his fingers through it.

I look him up and down slowly, admiring him in the same way he so often does to me.

His cheeks turn a slightly rosy color, making him look a little embarrassed, but he quickly masks it with a confident expression.

He still hasn't spoken yet, so I raise an eyebrow.

"Admiring the view?" I tease, mocking him.

"Like always," he smirks.

I look down at his black and yellow robes, and back up to him with a playful expression on my face.

"You know, Diggory, Slytherin's and Hufflepuff's aren't really supposed to be friends," I tease.

He fakes a dramatic, hurt expression on his face.

"Is that all I am to you? Just a friend?"

I look at him perplexed. I mean, I guess the feelings I get when I'm around him are definitely more than just friendship, but I don't know what else you'd call this.

"What else would you rather be called?" I ask questionably.

A devilish smirk forms on his face, and he puts his lips to my ear.

"As long as your screaming my name before it, anything works,"

My face goes scarlet, causing him to burst out in a fit of laughter.

When he laughs, I notice that his smile could be worth a million dollars, and I don't say things like that lightly. His smile is very boyish and adorable, his eyes squint, and a dimple pops up at the top of his left cheek. His smile is one of the ones that always makes you smile in return, no matter how hard you try not to.

"Ms. Maxwell, Mr. Diggory, what are you two still doing in the hallway? Head to your dormitories, please," McGonagall says as she exits the dining hall.

I look around, and there's no one in the hallway except for us. Huh, I guess I was too distracted to notice there was no more conversation out here besides ours.

"Well, Diggory, it's always quite memorable talking to you," I say sarcastically.

He chuckles and I pull him in for a tight hug.

I pull away and lock my eyes with his one last time.

"I'll see you around?" I ask hopefully.

"I hope so," he smiles.

I turn around and head to the Slytherin common room with my heart fluttering. My cheeks start heating up, and my stomach has butterflies in it, and I know exactly why. It's because of him, and this stupid effect that he has on me.

I reach the portrait door to the common room.

"Pure-blood," I tell the snake painting.

I recall that Malfoy suggested this password to Snape for this year. Not surprising at all.

The door swings open, and I step inside. The main room is just how I remember it from the second movie when Harry and Ron use the Polyjuice potion to look like Crabbe and Goyle, though it's even more beautiful than it's portrayed in the film.

I look ahead, and Draco is sitting by himself on the couch in the center of the room, looking at me expectantly.

"What?" I ask as I walk by him.