𝘊𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘖𝘧 𝘞𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘴 𝘈𝘯𝘥 𝘚𝘦𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘵𝘴

{city of walls and secrets}

   zuko and hana walked next to each other through the lower ring of ba sing se. iroh trailed behind them, finally catching up with the two.

   iroh was carrying a vase with orange followers in it, "i just want our new place to look nice in case you guys bring home someone special." iroh nudged the two teens.

   "i do not see myself bringing anyone around here home," she told him.

   "this city is a prison. i don't want to make a life here," he said annoyed with his uncle.

   as they continued walking iroh talked to them, "life happens wherever you are, whether you make it or not. now come on, i found us some new jobs, and we start this afternoon."

   it wasn't a surprise for hana that iroh found them jobs. iroh was a sweet talker. they had also been there long enough to find somewhere to start working.

   as they walked hana felt something behind them. maybe it was just normal people, but she didn't think that. she felt like she was being watched and it didn't sit with her well.

   they finally arrived back at their little home. they washed up and readied themselves for their first day at a tea shop.

   why am i not surprised?

   the three walked to the shop. they were early. iroh told them that this would leave a good impression on the owner. they obliged, knowing they never had to work a normal job before.

   the owner gave them aprons to work with. hana helped zuko tie his apron around him. she then tied hers. the three watched iroh as he struggled to tie his. he was a bit too big.

   "well, you certainly look like official tea severs. how do you feel?" the owner asked them.

   "ridiculous," zuko said clearly annoyed.

   "i'm alright," she smiled politely.

   iroh finally gave up on his apron, "uh, does this possibly come in a larger size?"

   "i have extra string in the back," he started to pour some tea. "have some tea while you wait," he handed them their tea.

   iroh took a sip and was disgusted, "this tea is nothing more than hot leaf juice!"

   "uncle, that's what all tea is," zuko told him.

   "how could a member of my own family say something so horrible!" he gasped. "we'll have to make some major changes around here."

   hana laughed, "he does have a point, though."

   iroh gasped again as he picked up up the pot of tea. he walked over to a window and threw it out.