37 - Business talk

Author pov

He lit the cigarette taking it to his lips and leaned over the seat with deep thoughts, once the warm air passed his lungs his eyes closed automatically with confusion and irritation as his mind seems to be blank from the morning, nothing reached his brain except her words and those tears tearing his heart.

"Sir, a phone call to  you" Balveer one of my bodyguards handed me my business phone, taking a deep breathe I got it, "hello" 

"I received a call from Russian client Mr. Kuznetsov" it's Advik, "he is asking for you he wanted to discuss an important issue in it" 

"handle it," Arjun said making Advik shocked, "but you...you don't want me to go..." 

He heckled in, "Do it" and he hung the call, "No business calls or personnel calls should reach me for next two days, let my travel be secret" Balveer nodded at his boss comment and handed him the file.

"This has the deep analysis of their project they are about to discuss and this" placing the lap to him, "are the business men's who are against these illegal practices, we have checked their background it's clear but most powerful among these businessmen are your rivals" whatever the step he tried to take, there will be another obstacle in his path.

A deep frown formed his face, taking his mobile he dialed the one number that could give peace to him but she didn't attend his call, it keeps on ringing but no response, hiding the pain knowing she is not interested in talking with him, he asked Balveer, "your mobile" he looked shocked by his boss statement, this is the first time he is seeing him this restless and disturbed in his business, the arrogant man he saw the last two years is not there instead he saw a man who is letting himself burn alive.

Dialing from Balveer number she attends it in few rings, "hello" he took a deep breath hearing that low voice his heart fell more and the reason being him pained him more giving unimaginable anger on himself, when she got no answer from him, she again spoke bringing him to reality, "who's this?" 

Brining his cold tone he spoke professionally, "Arjun" silent ruled the other side so he continued further, "I..." she hung the call, again he dialed attending the call she quickly stormed out, "won't you ever let me live happily?" that hurts like hell thinking her life would be happy without him, but he knows that's the actual truth.

"I'd like to get advice from a business consultant" he lied straight away burying her deep hurtful words into his heart,  why does the world's one of the top business brain need a consultant either way only that brain was blocked by its heart death and he knows her one word can bring it back to its life.

She remained silent not believing his words yet she spoke, "Yes Mr. Verma how may I help you?" in a professional tone making him laugh softly, "I am desired to vend with my corrival" 

"Strike the rival and make it as a companion" she fired in a second but the meaning of her words didn't reach his head instead her soft tone cooled his heart, "thanks" a smile formed on his face also in his voice as she quickly hung the call with a, "Welcome Mr. Verma" that anger in her tone twisted his lips upwards confused Balveer.

He took his mobile, "next plan sir?" 

Arjun got up from his chair, "take few minutes to rest Balveer, we have a long journey ahead" he went to his room cheerfully leaving his guards confused. 

After two hours Arjun came out of the room with a fresh and crisp business suit, "When is landing?" 

"within half an hour sir" he nodded taking the file that the balveer gave. After few minutes of analyzing the documents, he spoke, "make an immediate appointment with Khalili" Balveer nodded, he turned his head towards Likit, another bodyguard, "report from Kolkata"