13

Alexandra's pov

I'm standing at my locker right now just staring off.  I can't stop thinking about the conversation I had with Damon and how I was so close to getting somewhere.   I don't understand why he's not as interested as I am to figure out this strange connection between the two of us.  But Stefan did say his emotions are off, so I guess it wouldn't matter anyway. 

I don't see Damon hurting me though...at least not again.  I don't feel scared anymore when I'm around him.  There's something about him that seems lost.  Yeah...apparently he's a killer.  I can't even wrap my head around that.  Stefan tells me he feeds on humans whereas Stefan feeds on animals. 

Part of me wonders if Damon will ever turn his emotions back on.  That to me is the only way I'll get answers.  But now with Katherine being back in the picture, apparently there's low hope.  But Stefan has hope in me to bring the old Damon back.  I don't even know what the old Damon is like, but he must be good for Stefan to want him back. 

"Alex" I heard and looked to see Stefan walking up to me.

"Hey" I said.  I see Elena walking down the hallway and I smile at her and she smiles back but then completely ignores Stefan and keeps on walking.

"Elena" Stefan said but she kept walking.

"Are you guys fighting?" I said.

"No...not fighting.  Just...Elena found a picture of Katherine" He said.

"Okay...is that bad?" I said and he sighed and pulled something out of his pocket and I grab it looking at it.

"Oh my..." I said staring at the picture of Katherine who looks identical to Elena.  "How is this possible?" I continued.

"Elena is Katherine's doppelgänger." He said.

"Wait so...you dated katherine? And now you're dating Elena...who happens to look exactly the same?" I said.

"No, don't do that.  You sound just like Elena.  It's not like that.  Elena and Katherine are completely different.  Of course, when I first saw Elena, I wanted to get to know her.  It didn't make sense to me, but I fell in love with Elena.  She is not Katherine" He said.

"That's really sweet, Stefan.  It's just...wow, all of this vampire supernatural stuff gets crazier everyday" I said.

"Can you talk to her please?" He said and I just looked to him and nodded.

"Yes, I will talk to Elena" I said and he smiled and then I saw him staring at my neck.  I look to him confused and then I grab my neck and feel the necklace I'm wearing.

"Is something wrong?" I said.

"Where did you get that necklace?" He said and I just stood there confused.

"Uhhh...I'm not sure.  I can't remember.  Why?" I said and he just looked around and then grabbed my arm pulling me into an empty classroom.

"Stefan?" I said.

"That necklace...I've seen it before" He said.

"Okay...where?" I said and then he just ran his hands through his hair thinking.

"Damon" He said shocked.