Chapter 20

Everyone's attention are on me now. Anticipation and curiosity filled their faces while waiting for my idea. But in order for this plan to work, they must put their trust on me.

"Since we're unable to gain any information about Nereus, I'll be visiting an old friend of mine."

"However, I must set off on this trip alone. My friend doesn't like anyone to know about their location."

"All of you must find a replacement for me while I'm gone. We can't rouse suspicion and alert the enemy about our action."

"I will ask the royal witch to cast a spell on me to hide my identity."

All of the council members agree that it's the best decision. By the looks of it, they're desperate to find an answer and trying to comprehend the situation.

They believe the saying "Knowing is Half The Battle". I agree with them. You can't possibly fight a war if you didn't know who you fought.

After we found out who he is, we can try to find out his true intention and confirm whether assisting the rogues are his only plan.

"Then that settle it. I will depart..."

"No you won't!" My dad cut me off before I can finish my sentence.

I move my gaze towards my dad, my mom, Riley and Carol. They all put on a disagreeing and hesitant face.

"We can't be hasty when taking this decision. There are far too many risks." Riley added.

"What if the rogues knows of our plan and they decide to ambush you on the way?" Carol protested.

"Honey please re-think your decision. It's like what Riley said, we can't be hasty and give the rogues a chance to make their move." My mom said.

I can tell that they're worried and yet, we must do this. I must convince them to trust me.

"Thank you everyone for worrying about me. But I have thought this through and this is the best plan that we can go with."

"There will be no guarantee that I'll be safe. However, I'm willing to risk it all for the sake of our people."

"I didn't even like this plan one bit and yet, we don't have any other choice." I finish my sentence with a pleading look. Hoping that they would let me go on this journey alone.

One way another, I must leave. Even if it's against my parent's wish and I have to sneak my way out.

Seeing my determine face, my dad take a long sigh while closing his eye. From his defeated look, I know that he would agree with me.

I hate to put them in that position, but if we don't act sooner, our choice will be even more limited and we might lose this war.

"Ok so here's the plan. I need all of you to keep my departure a secret. You also need to find a stand-in so we can complete this plan."

"We can't let anyone know about any of this." I ended my sentence.

The meeting ended and it's decided that I'll be leaving in two days. I spent the next day preparing everything and I'm finally off.

I'm heading straight into the secluded forest where she live. Her name is Eona.

Eona is a witch and she prefer to be alone and would sometime move around from time to time to prevent anyone knowing about her location.

Back then, witches are hated by human. They're accused of many things such as disease, death and any strange occurrence that happened beyond their understanding.