thirty eight - surprise

(he's so beautiful i'm losing my mind aidhsosolws)

-

"once more!" a shout was heard before ball connected with the taut strings of the racket and was making its way over the net.

minyoung's eyes followed the ball and as it bounced, she shuffled forward and swung her racket.

"honestly, you're really good, has anyone ever told you that?" seulgi said to her once they got off the courts.

"you, every single day."

"its almost the holidays soon, have you any plans?"

"train maybe, i have to make sure i do it well this time. what?"

seulgi was grinning at her.

"well, the boys and i have other plans that i think you might love."

"before you go on, who came up with it?"

"beomgyu did."

"he's a literal spawn of satan, there's no way his plans involve any good."

"who's a spawn of satan?" a voice came up from behind them.

"you are?" seulgi shot the new arrival a glare.

"before you get yourself all hot and bothered on this lovely day, i came to apologise." joohyun threw her hands up in surrender.

"someone slap me." taehyun's voice was heard as he approached the three girls.

"i'd do it even without you asking, but the attention isn't on you now." hueningkai replied calmly.

joohyun simply rolled her eyes before turning back to the two girls.

"i know it was selfish of me to threaten you like that-" she began carefully as she tried finding the right words to say, "and i actually don't mean for you to leave."

she took a deep breath before continuing, "i was jealous; because i thought you had really approached your uncle in advance in order to get into the school."

the two boys at the back stared unashamedly as minyoung tried to find an appropriate reaction.

"look, i'm not asking for your sympathy or forgiveness. i just wanted to make it clear that you don't actually have to leave, i've already deleted all the evidence."

minyoung deliberated for awhile. on one hand, it was great news for her; she did not need to leave the school. on the other hand though, she had to live with the fact that on the official records it would always say that she got in through special interventions.

"joohyun," she began, "thanks, but i've already made up my mind."

-

a loud ringing woke minyoung up as she rubbed the sleep out of her eyes. with her eyebrows furrowed in annoyance, she reached for the vibrating mobile phone.