𝙁𝙊𝙐𝙍. 𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦 𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘴.

∞

2020. kth - 23. jjk - 18.

It was once again night time, Taehyung found himself wandering the streets after leaving Seokjin's cafe. 

The brunette had decided not to say anything about meeting Jeongguk, knowing it was going to upset his friend. He understands why Seokjin is apprehensive about the younger—getting robbed with weapons is a traumatising experience—but how could he be so sure that it was Jeongguk?

That's why Taehyung had decided to see for himself, if all these rumours about the ravenette were true. He was going to build his own opinion, not just listen to gossip. 

Taehyung was passing by some sketchy alleyways, being more cautious since a few nights ago where he was nearly mugged. 

But he stopped in his tracks when he recognised a voice—and a blinding lip piercing. 

The dots started to form thin lines that all came together in Taehyung's mind. That guy, that guy was—is—Jeongguk.

"Got my stash?" Another voice rasps out. It belongs to an older man, his eyes were frantic and a beard was growing on his chin. He was clad in ragged clothing and was packing a little weight. By the way he was moving around, it was quite clear to Taehyung what he was.

A druggie. An addict.

"Got the money?" Jeongguk stuck out his hand. The older man gruffed and dug around in his jacket pocket before pulling out a wad of cash. He slapped it into Jeongguk's hand, the younger then handing over a small zipped-up plastic bag after counting the money to make sure it was the right amount. The contents resembled the white powder of heroin.

Taehyung's brows scrunched up when realisation dawned upon him what Jeongguk was doing. The older man grabbed the bag and sped away, pulling down his hat to cover his identity. 

Jeongguk hid the money away, then pulled his hood over his head as he started walking out the alley. 

Only to stop when he spots the figure in his way.

"Really, Jeongguk? You're dealing drugs?" Taehyung clenched his fists at his sides as he gritted out the words. He can't believe the person he had cared for and treated like his little brother had resorted to such things. "I can't believe you."

Jeongguk seemed a little shocked to come across the older here, his eyes widened for a split second before his expression returns back stoic. 

"What's your problem?" He calmly says, hands tucked into the front pocket of his hoodie. His stance was casual, he almost looked annoyed to be talking with the older. "Were you following me?"

Taehyung scoffed, crossing his arms over his chest before looking back at the younger. 

"My problem?" He cocked an eyebrow up, after jabbing a finger into his own chest. "My problem is that you're involved in illegal activities. Making profit off of people's misery." Taehyung explains, the distaste of the words feel bitter on his tongue, and he almost grimaces when he realises that the person before him was the same boy who he used to read bedtime stories to.