ETG | ᴛᴡᴏ

"I'm Jeon Jungkook, aka guy next door on the right."

You stood there, hiding behind the door as your shield. You have finally met your neighbor. The friend that Namjoon told you about just now.

"You don't have to introduce yourself, sweetheart. I know your name already. Damn if only I knew you earlier I wouldn't have let those two talk to you in the first place."

You cleared your throat. "You know what, I rather talk to Joon than you."

The way he unwaveringly stared at you somehow made you feel uncomfortable a bit. But that's not just the problem you're dealing with.

He be standing there, with the audacity looking like a snack.

"Damn... first day and you already calling him by his nickname? I'm jealous." He snickered.

"And here I am thinking that you're as nice as Joon considering that you two are somewhat 'friends', but now that you standing in front me talking like a manwhore, I have no interest in having a conversation with you anymore. Nice meeting you, neighbor."

You closed the door, but he managed to hold it with his foot in between the door's gape.

"Oof— what a feisty little girl."

"Woman." You corrected him.

"Even better." He grinned. "Okay, let's be serious. I'm sorry for talking to you like that. It's just a habit of mine whenever I have a chit-chat with a girl– I mean, woman."

His apology was not really that convincing to you. "Maybe works on other girls, but definitely not me."

He brought his face closer towards the door. "Playing hard to get I see."

You clicked your tongue. "Not even close. I'm just showing my genuine disinterest in you."

"You don't play such game with me, sweetheart. You know how the clichés always end. You have been warned."

Then your mind went through a mini flashback of your previous life back in college, where you used to date a popular boy in campus only to be left heartbroken because of a stupid dare.

You certainly didn't want to fall into the same pit of that misery again, so you gathered yourself and brazen it out.

"I have to disagree with you. Just because it's cliché doesn't mean it has to end like that. It is possible for the ending to change only if one person decides to go for the alternative."

He didn't say anything afterward. It's been a while since you received such silent treatment, but you're satisfied and proud with your own voice.

"I gotta say, that's a really hard to catch, but the way you talk... is really, really hot."

You hit your forehead against the door, thinking that he contemplated his own words where it turns out he was still the same.

"Alright. You've been holding my door for too long." You constantly kicking his foot until he yanked his leg away.

"Yah Jungkook! Get your ass back here at once! I didn't come all the way here just for you to flirt with your new neighbor!"