Chapter 7

The next morning I stepped out of the room and was greeted by Taha. I faked a cheerful smile. He smiled too but seemed a bit worried.

"Kya hua?" I asked.
(What happened?)

"Tum dono ki pehli raat r Ruzhaan lawn mei soo raha tha. Q?"
(It was your first night and Ruzhaan was sleeping the in the lawn. Why?)

How do I answer that?

"Shayad ushe mujhse zyada macharoo k saath romance karne ka mood tha." I giggled.
(Maybe, more then me, he was interested to do romance with the mosquitoes.)

He didn't seemed satisfied. I turned serious too.

"Did you two fight?"

I kept silent. He sighed.

"I know you love Uzair...."

"If you know that then why are you soo hell bent on setting me up with that monster?!" I said cutting him off.

"He's not a monster." He said sternly.

"Yeah right! He kidnapped his brother's fiancé and forcefully married her by threatening her family. Ofcourse he's an Angel!" I said sardonically.

"If you don't know anything....then don't speak!" He grunted.

Ignoring his warning, I continued in my rage...
"He almost killed his brother and ruined my life. God knows how my parents are doing and even Uzair. That monster doesn't care about anyone but himself. That selfish bastard only cares about satisfying his own ego. Bloody...."

I jumped and a loud gasp escaped my lips when he all of a sudden banged his hand over my head on the door pinning me to it, glaring his blazing eyes into mine.
"Shut up!" He roared making me squeeze my eyes shut
"You have no idea how he is or how he has been living his life up until now. How much he has gained and how much he has lost. What sacrifices he has made!
Tumhara chota sa dimaag in sab baato ko samjh nahi payega. Tum ek ladki ho r Ruzhaan ki biwi isliye tumhe jhel raha hu. Warna abhtak toh zubaan nikal kar phek di hoti."
(Your tiny brain could never comprehend all that. You're a girl and even Ruzhaan's wife that's why I'm bearing with you. Or else I'd had ripped your tongue out and threw it long ago.)

"Huh! Mere dost banne wale the na tum. Kal tak toh bade bhai the na tum mere?
(You wanted to be my friend. Till yesterday you were my brother, weren't you?)

"Ha! Banna chahta tha tumhara bhai par Ruzhaan mere bachpan ka dost hai r mere liye mera Angel. Agar ek shabd bhi nikala us k khilaf firse toh, bhul jaunga ki tum kon r kya ho. Is Ghar ki malkin bhi ho tum. Khush raho, khao, khelo, araam karo jitna chahiye utna. Aur mere ghusse se dur raho. Samjhi!"
(Yes I did. But Ruzhaan is my childhood buddy and fir me my Angel. So if you utter even a single word again him, then I'll forget who and what you are. You too are the owner of this house now. Be happy, eat, play, rest as much as you want but stay away from my temper. Understood?!)

He banged his fist one more time above my head....and left. My knees gave out and I sank on the floor.

'Guess I'm all alone again.' I thought swallowing the lump in my throat.

Just then the devil arrived and narrowed his eyes seeing me on the floor.

"Breakfast in 10 mins. I want you in the dining." He said and grabbed the door handle past me. I raised myself up on my feet standing just inches away from him.

"Where's Uzair?!" I questioned sternly.

"Hospital."

"How is he?"