thirteen |black eyes and thanksgiving dinners|

*i'm really sorry for getting this out so late, i had a crazy amount of exams this week. i'm also sorry im updating on thanksgiving but it is a thanksgiving chapter so at least it's sticking with a theme i guess ahahaha. i hope you guys enjoy it!*

I rubbed my forehead as I stared down at my chemistry notes, way too tired to actually try and comprehend what I was reading. I grabbed my textbook, flipping through to the pages I needed to write down.

It was a week after the party, and I was staying after school to tutor Aaron in the library for the exam coming up after the holiday weekend, even though I really wanted to go home and get ready for tomorrow. But he really needed my help, and he did crush the rumor about me, so I had to make it up to him.

"You okay?" I looked up, seeing Aaron standing there with a notebook in his hand. I wanted to laugh at the sight of him looking semi studious, but I could barely keep my eyes open. So I just nodded as he sat next to me,

"I didn't sleep last night. Spencer called me to his house at three in the morning" I admitted, but I didn't realize what I had revealed until he asked,

"Huh? Why?" I looked up at him, almost fully awake now, my eyes wide.

I let out an accidental nervous laugh, "Um, he couldn't sleep" I lied. he stared at me for a moment, but then looked down at the notes I had taken.

"Those are really neat" I shrugged,

"I like colorful, neat notes" I started, "Okay, so. Test is Monday, how much did you already look over?" He looked at me sheepishly, covering his nervous face with a shy smile. I sighed and scanned his face, right before going back to eyeing my notes. "This is why you're failing"

He nodded, "Yeah, I know" he said, like he was defeated. I just chuckled,

"Okay, let's start with chemical bonding"

000

It was the next day, the day everyone had been so excited for.

Thanksgiving.

I examined my outfit options, and Spencer walked into my room. He noticed I was doing so, "You still haven't picked an outfit? Aren't we going to color coordinate, like we do every single year?" I turned a little to look at him, right before my eyes went back to my outfits.

"Yeah, that's the whole point. They both match what you're going to wear, so it's hard to pick"

Spencer and Diana have spent their Thanksgiving and Christmas with us every year since the two of us met. Spencer and I would open our presents together, would help my mother and Diana make the food for Thanksgiving. All of it.

We didn't actually match for Thanksgiving. We just liked wearing the same color pallet, it made the pictures of the two of us look better, and there were a lot of those.

This year he was wearing an off white button down under a burnt orange sweater matched with brown pants, and I still had no idea.

Holidays in my household were a huge deal. My entire family shows up for both holidays, mainly because out of the whole family my house held the most people. And yes, Spencer was considered part of my family.

"I like that one" He pointed to the right outfit, and I examined it for a moment. It was an off white tight turtle neck sweater matched with a dark orange, red, and black plaid skirt. I stared at it for a moment,

"Yeah, me too" I took the two off the hanger and threw it on my bed, walking towards my closet to pick out a pair of shoes to match with it.

"Your boyfriend left his notebook in his car, he said he can come pick it up tonight" I groaned as I picked up my lightly platformed Mary Janes.