xvi.

| 08:21 pm

+ aera.

I froze when a warm palm made its way to the small of my back, turning quickly, i was so ready to yell to whoever that is when i was met with a charming smile, “what the hell are you doing here?” the person pouted briefly, “i missed you too” rolling my eyes, i put the bread down the cart, “we literally had lunch together earlier.” the person beside me scoffs, removing his hand from my back and swung it around my shoulder instead, “yeah, so?”

“i might get the wrong idea of you liking me.” i cheekily stated, smiling at his stunned expression, he then composes himself back and smirked down at me, “and what if you're not wrong?” now its his turn to grin widely upon my dumbfounded face, “jung jaehyun, stop flirting with me.” jaehyun smiles innocently, “its the truth th

“don't you have work to do? why are you here?” i cut him off, not ready to hear what shit he was going to say, “uh..because you're doing your grocery?” he takes the cart and started pushing as i continue doing what im supposed to do, “and what does my grocery shopping have anything to do with you?” jaehyun huffs, removing his arm from my shoulder before folding it infront of his chest, “im being a good husband, ㅡ your husband, so of course, i'll be there when you do your shopping.” he sassed and all i could do through the drumming of my heart and warmth hastily spreading across my cheeks is giving a shrug, muttering a small 'okay' in return.

i fell silent after that, continuing my shopping with jaehyun beside me, making comments and remarks every once in a while with an annoying smirk on his lips, the jerk knows what he's done and it's effect on me.

“so tomorrow, i'll pick you up at three.” he suddenly declares when we're standing on the counter, my brows quirked up at that, “why? im not going to work, its my day off.” he nodded at my statement, “yeah i know. i memorized your schedule.” i smiled at his statement, “oh really? i didnt know you're becoming my stalker.” jaehyun looks at me with a blank face, “why are you like this?” laughing at his pouty face, i continue to ask him, “if you do memorize my schedule, what's my weekly schedule then?”

Jaehyun's face became serious as he stands properly and clears his throat, looking like he's about to belt out a report about market results of a company's product, “six days out of a week is your work days; you go to work at eight and ends at four in the afternoon, or if you do overtime, it can extend for an hour or two meanwhile saturday is your day off. today is friday so i know it's your day off tomorrow.” i nodded slowly at his response and he sarcastically smiled at me, “aera, we knew each other for almost four months now. how can i not know your schedule?” shrugging, i start to pile up my items on the counter as the cashier starts to punch it, “didnt know you pay attention to any of the things that goes on with my life.”

“'course i do. i care for you.”

“so anyway, why are you picking me up again? are we going somewhere?” my heart begun jumping after his statement, making it feel like its up to my throat already so i gulped hard, clearing my throat after “oh, my cousin's getting married.”

I eyed jaehyun confusingly when he drives the car to the parking lot of my apartment building, “are you going to walk me up to my unit?” he smiles at my question, shaking his head before finding a parking spot and turning off the engine. i detached my seatbelt slowly as he hops off the car and gets the paper bags from the trunk. i was about to snatch a paper bag from his hand when he avoids it, gesturing to the backseat of his car instead, “there's a bag there. you carry it since its lighter than these.” i got the duffel bag and follow him to the elevator, “what is this?” he beams excitedly at me before exclaiming, “sleepover!!” i huff in disbelief, “why do you like to sleep over at my place so much?” jaehyun grins at me, “your bed is more comfortable.” says the one that literally has his bed covers, pillowcases, duvets made out of expensive, velvety fabrics.

a few hours later and i found myself sitting on the mattress, legs folded in an indian sit, “ow, you're pulling too hard.” i winced, reaching up to rub my scalp as jaehyun stands beside the bed, brushing my hair, “oh, sorry.” he apologize quietly. glancing up at the mirror infront of my bed, i stare at him as he's focused on what he's doing. “you dont have to do this, honestly. i dont even comb my hair at mornings.” jaehyun makes eye contact with me through the mirror for a brief moment before resuming on his work, “i know. i just like doing things for you.” puffing my cheeks, i try to act calm and compose at his words “ah, why are you sweet to me?” jaehyun just laughs at my question.

my phone suddenly dings and i reached for it without moving my head too much since jaehyun's gripping on my hair also. turning it on, series of notification popped up; about fifteen new hearts reacts on my instagram story and some replies on it, from my mother, chaeyoung and some of my close friends.

' use protection! im telling you, kids are stressful. i want grandchildren but not now though.'

' im filing a noise complaint if you're going to be loud during your adult activities :< '

cackling at their statements, i typed my reply for them before looking at my story again. i took the photo earlier when jaehyun was just starting to comb my hair. it was a mirror shot using the mirror across my bed, the phone covering my face and jaehyun's face was showed, furrowed brows with his lips jutted out in a cute pout, his one hand holding the hairbrush and the other was holding a portion of my hair, parting it.

jaehyun's phone suddenly blares out loud with an incoming call, “can you take that for me?” jaehyun asks and my brow raised, “uh.. you want me to answer it?” he hums in confirmation and i got his phone, swiping the screen to answer the call, “hey, yuta.”

"aera?" i muttered a quick 'yes' at his inquiry, he then laughs shortly, " ohoho, did i interrupt something?"

"what? no!"  i blurted out quickly, my tone was defensive so i cleared my throat, "um..so what's up?"

“oh,really?" he asks again in a teasing voice before continuing, "anyways, tell jaehyun i've already sent the documents to his mail. he just needs to review it."

"mhm yeah, will do." the phone was then snatched away from my hand and its pressed against jaehyun's ear now, “nakamoto, you really called at a bad time. i'll call you later, bye.” after ending the call, he pats my head before putting the hairbrush down the table.

scrambling, i lay down on the bed as jaehyun turned the lights off, slipping next to me “jaehyun, i swearstop hogging the blankets.” we end up having a mini wrestling over the blanket, “seriously, you should bring your own blanket next time.” i heard him gasp at my statement, “so you're letting me sleep here again?” i scoff, tugging the blanket closer to me, “you dont even need my validation. you just pack up, drive here and knock on my door.” jaehyun tugged on the other end of the blanket again and i hissed, “jaehyun! im going to kick you.”

“how about you scoot closer? that way we won't have a blanket shortage.” he then wraps his arm around my waist, pulling me against his body, “see? we can perfectly share your blanket.”

i try to breathe slowly, careful not to give away any signs of my fast-drumming heart like it's going to burst out of my chest right now. jaehyun takes my hand and drapes it over his waist, my fingers dangling over his back and he does the same, his fingers lightly tracing figures on the small of my back. my nose is almost pressed against the exposed area on the base of his neck. breathing in, i caught the faint smell of his his bodywash and the fresh scent of the detergent he used on his hoodie, which was an odd combination but calming to the nose, its not sweet and definitely not too strong.

“good night..” jaehyun mumbles, getting comfortable as he sniffs on my head, continuing to trace figures on my back. he then pressed a brief kiss on top of my head before drifting off to sleep calmly.