Chapter 14

》Y/N's POV 

》Y/N's POV 

The night falls and the gala comes. Odin has planned a breathtaking banquette to celebrate my victorious mission. Tomorrow morning I will go into town to find Stephir's children and take them in. They have no father which makes me their guardian until their mother is forgiven by Odin. 

The thought of taking care of children makes me happy, but then I also panic internally knowing that now I have children to take care off in the middle of a life or death situation that involves my life on the line. 

My head hurts a little, it's probably the lack of sleep. As I've been getting normal sleep since I came here the sudden sleepless nights have twisted my sleep routine once again. I just hope that after the party tonight I will finally go back to getting normal bedtime. 

As I come out of the washroom a few servants are out in my room waiting for me with silk, makeup and accessories.

I let them pamper me for a while. Though I'm not really the kind of person to let others do thing for me, I'm in Asguard at the moment, pretending to be a Valkyrie, putting my life on the line for Loki, I'll treat myself this time. 

The servants help me get dressed in this ravishing gold dress. To be honest it is nothing I've worn before. The silk wraps fittingly around my waist, accentuating the curve of it. One side straps over one side of my chest over my shoulder and the other side seems like a light golden see-through fabric with swirling details stitched up intricately. Unlike the other side which is gold and have a sleeve, this side doesn't have a sleeve and it only covers my breast. 

Just like the top, the silk on the dress' skirt clings from my hip down one side of my leg, the other side is made from the same see-through material with the swirly design. There's also a cape stuck to the back of the sleeve. I wonder why my outfit has so much gold when it's the color of Frigga. I feel like wearing this is kind of disrespectful.

 I feel like wearing this is kind of disrespectful

*(This is the dress you are wearing)*

"Lady Frigga picked this outfit for you herself Lady Astrid. She thought it would suit you well." One of the servants say as if reading exactly what was crossing my mind.