Chapter 14- City Of Walls And Secrets

As an reward for protecting Ba Sing Se from the Fire Nation attack, the group and I were allowed into the city.

We were now on the system bus heading to Ba Sing Se. After a long day I had dozed off, resting my head on Sokka's lap as he stroked my hair gently.

"Look!" Katara shouts. "The inner wall."

"Shhh! Soul's sleeping." Sokka scolds his sister.

"Sorry."

"I can't believe we finally made it to Ba Sing Se in one piece."

"Hey, don't jinx it!" Sokka says jumping out of his seat causing me to fall.

"I'm so sorry Soul." Sokka panics, picking me up from the floor.

Out of no where, a man sucking on corn, sat in between Toph and Sokka.

"Don't worry, Aang, we'll find Appa." Katara reassures.

"It's such a big city."

"He's a giant bison," Sokka says walking over to Aang and Katara. "Where could someone possibly hide him?"

The three looked out the window in awe.

"Let me see." I say standing up and looking out the window with them.

"Oh." Sokka gasps.

The bus stopped once we made it to the station.

"Ah," Toph sighs. "Back in the city. Great."

"What's the problem? It's amazing!"

"Just a bunch of walls and rules. You wait, you'll get sick of it in a couple of days."

As the buses pass by a weird smiling lady walked over to us.

"Hello, my name is Joo Dee. I have been given the great honor of showing the Avatar around Ba Sing Se. And you must be Princess Soul, Sokka, Katara, and Toph. Welcome to our wonderful city, shall we get started?"

"Yes," Sokka answers. "We have information about the Fire Nation army that we need to deliver to The Earth King immediately."

"Great, let's begin our tour. And then I'll show you to your new home here. I think you'll like it." Joo Dee says walking away.

"AUGH!" Sokka groans. "Maybe you missed what I said. We need to talk to The King about the war, it's important."

"You're in Ba Sing Se, now. Everyone is safe here."

We all look at her dumbfounded.

*ೃ༄ *ೃ༄ *ೃ༄

"This is the lower ring." Joo Dee says showing us around the city.

"What's the wall for?" Katara asks.

"Oh, Ba Sing Se has many walls," Jo Dee responds. "There are the ones outside, protecting us, and the ones inside, that help maintain orders. This is where our newest arrivals live, as well as our craftsman and artisans, people that work with their hands. It's so quaint and lively."

We made eye contact with a man holding a sword.

"You do want to watch your step, though."

"Why do they have all these poor people blocked off in one part of the city?" Katara asks.

"This is why I never came here before," Aang says. "I always heard it was different from the way the monks taught us to live."

"This is the middle ring of Ba Sing Se, home to the financial district, shops, and restaurants and the university."