23

Dylan Blake

I looked through the window and noticed Mason working outside of the house and for some crazy reason, he wasn't wearing a shirt even though it was freezing outside.

In contrast to Nate, Mason was a lot muscular and he was way taller than him but he did have an advantage for being 3 years older than him. His light blond hair and green eyes almost made him look like a Disney prince.

I grabbed a blanket and went downstairs to make some hot chocolate before going outside and giving them to Mason.

"Why aren't you wearing a shirt?"I asked worriedly.

"I fell on horse shit."He said bluntly and grabbed the items, "Thank you for the blanket tho. I'm freezing my balls off."

That was one of the many examples of how honest Mason was as he never holds back when he wants to say something.

"You should come and warm up inside."I suggested, "My grandparents went to the store." 

"Sure," He nodded and followed me inside the house and sat on the couch casually.

"Make yourself at home," I said sarcastically. He nodded and put his feet up on the table, "I was being sarcastic...
You know what, never mind."

He chuckled, "I was also being sarcastic."

I laughed and sat next to him on the couch as he watched a basketball game.

"Hey, do you want to go with me to buy some kits at the town?"He asked, "I could use the company or that cashier, Carly might harass me again."

"Harass?"I chuckled.

"That lady wants me."He joked.

I felt a buzz in my pocket and took out my phone only to see that it was a text from Nate.

Nate: I miss you

I sighed and put my phone on the table facing down.

"What is that look like?"Mason asked me.

"My ex just texted me, "I confessed and sighed.

"Oh," He mumbled under his breath,
"I'm definitely going to take you to town now."

>>>>>>

"You see this screw?"Mason showed me a specific small screw, "You don't want this one to repair anything but it's good to set things up, so we need this."He put the box of screws in the basket.

"You don't have to explain every single item in this shop to me."I rolled my eyes.

"Who knows, maybe one day, you'll work here full-time."He said sarcastically.

We went to the cash register and Mason's face suddenly turned tense, "Hey, Carly."
He said calmly.

"Hey, Mason."She said and looked directly into his eyes as if she was reading his soul, not in a good way, "You here to buy some screws?"She said, trying so hard to sound seductive," And this hammer, umm,
I like it when a man uses his tools."

"That's really creepy, Carly."Mason pointed out, "Better luck next time tho."He winked at her and we went to his Chevrolet Colorado.

Nate Carter

Me having lunch with Pat, Dylan's father has turned into a daily thing ever since I bumped into him at the community theatre.

I learned so much from him as he always takes me to his mechanics shop to teach me a thing or two about how to fix a car and we talk about other stuff too even though I never ask for any of it. It was still kinda nice tho to have a grown man teach me things because my father never had the time to do it to me before he went to prison.

"Why aren't you writing this down?"
Pat asked seriously.

"Sorry."I shrugged, "I'm kinda out of it today."

I looked at my phone only to be disappointed that Dylan never texted me back.

I then felt Pat snatched my phone,
"You're really texting my son right now?"
He asked in a disappointed tone.

"I just wanted to see how he was doing."

"By telling him you miss him." Pat raised his eyebrows.

I didn't reply which make him sighed and sat next to me, "Look, Nate, you're a really good kid but do you really think that you deserve him? Especially after what you did"

"I don't deserve him at all."I sighed, "Never did."

"Do you love him?" Pat asked out of nowhere.

"Very much, "I said without hesitation.

"If I let you come on the trip with us, will you promise that you won't do anything crazy?"

"What?"I raised my eyebrows, "Are you inviting me to your parents' house...
Where Dylan will be?"

"Do you want to go or not?"He asked frustratedly.

"Yes," I said quickly, "Thank you so much, Pat,I don't know how to-"

"Yeah, yeah."He cuts me off, "I'm giving you a chance to make things right with him but if you end up making it worse, have fun sleeping in the snow."

Dylan Blake

"I need to grab something at my house real quick," Mason mentioned and pulled over at the small house. The house looked like it could only fit one person to live  at a time and so I assumed that Mason lives alone, "Do you want to come in for a second, I might take a while?"

"Yeah, sure."I nodded and we got into the house and I was shocked at how messy it was inside. There were clothes all over the floor and the sink was filled with dirty dishes.

"Rufus," Mason called and a dog came running to him, "There you are, boy."
He went on his knees and started to groom the dog.

"Do you want to pet him?"Mason asked me.

"No, "I shook my head, "I don't like dogs."

"What?"He pouted and stood up,
"Why?"

"Because I really don't like germs and I don't know what that thing has touched."

"Right," He nodded, "You're just like you're a grandmother."He pointed out,
"You know that all of that shit is in your head, right?"

"Excuse me?"I crossed my arms over my chest, "You don't understand what it is like, okay."

"I do actually."He pointed out, "I was a psychology major in college for a few years before I dropped out and I think I still have the notes from it."

"You dropped out?"I asked softly.

"Yeah, college was just not for me."
He shrugged, "My parents forced me to go, and in the end, I just came back to this stupid old town and everyone sees me as a loser for some reason even though I like being there more than living in the big city, trying to study about something that I don't like."

"I don't think you're a loser."I pointed out.

"Yeah, that's one out of the 38 people that live here."He rolled his eyes.

Mason was so much interesting than I thought he was. It wasn't really a big deal but him saying all that just gives more character to him.