➳ 𝟎𝟎𝟑. 𝐈𝐈𝐈

"𝐇𝐚𝐫? 𝐖𝐡𝐲 𝐦𝐞?"

"𝐇𝐚𝐫? 𝐖𝐡𝐲 𝐦𝐞?"

Haizaki muttered out as he looked at Nekomata who had on that usual smile as if telling the taller middle blocker that he should listen to what he had said and do it rather than questioning to why he was the one who has to do it.

After all, he was one of the idiots who got caught raiding the fridge in the middle of the night together with Kuroo and Bokuto, which resulted in the fridge being empty and there weren't going to be enough food for dinner.

"You want to ask that again?" he asked, and Haizaki paled a little, shaking his head as he let out a sigh. Nekomata then chuckled as he patted him on the back harshly, and ushered him forward, whereas Haizaki could only mutter under his breath.

He turned to walk away, knowing he needed to grab hold a jacket since it was rather chilly for an afternoon as the sky was prowling with grey clouds. Shaking his head did he enter the sleeping quarters where the boys were at and grabbed hold of his jacket.

Only to leave as he put it on and he turned to look, with his dark blue ocean eyes widened slightly as he nearly bumped into [name]. He noticed her wearing her school's jacket, and how she had on a small bag with her.

"You are heading out?" he asked, rather surprised that she was going out in such cold weather, whereas for him, he had no choice. Although deep in his heart he was cursing Kuroo and Bokuto as the duo had run off just in time, shoving Haizaki back which got him to get caught instead.

"Eh... Uh... Keiji asked me to help you out because you got into trouble due to Bokuto-senpai's mischief..." she whispered out and Haizaki raised an eyebrow as he turned to look out of the shelter and he let out a sigh and then turned to look at her again with his dark blue ocean eyes widened.

"Keiji?!"

"Mmhmm... I joined the volleyball team as a manager because Keiji is my childhood best friend," she pointed out as she tilts her head, and somehow Haizaki wasn't all too pleased with it.

"Let's get going then, we should come back before the downpour starts," he spoke out and [name] nodded her head as she started to walk behind Haizaki, only for him to stop and turn to look at her. He placed his large hand on her head and ruffled her locks gently.

"Walk beside me. Not behind me," he spoke out and [name]'s face flushed red at what he had said as her heart skipped a beat. She slowly nodded her head as she walked next to him, and the duo continued their journey out of Nekoma High.

"Hey," Haizaki called out as he pulled [name] over to the inner side of the pavement, further from the streets as he walked along the outside of the path instead, protecting her from any falling incidents and whatnot.

Yet, unknowingly to him, [name]'s cheeks were flushed red the entire time as she used her hair that was good enough to cover the sides of her face, hoping that Haizaki wouldn't notice her being a blushing mess.

[name] carried a good load on her hands while Haizaki was paying for the items. She stood beside him as the cashier was swiping his card, and the cashier looked up only to have her eyes widened at how beautiful [name]'s eyes were.

"Miss, your eyes are really beautiful!" he spoke out and [name] blinked her eyes a few times and looked towards Haizaki who had cleared his throat in response. The way [name] was peeking from the side of his body to take a look at the receipt, and the way he would laugh when he realized what she was doing.

They looked good together.

The moment [name] turned to walk away, Haizaki narrowed his dark blue ocean eyes at the cashier who paled in response at the way Haizaki was looking at him. He then watched as the brown-coloured hair man took his leave, and he felt his soul coming back to him.

"Scary..."

[name] then watched as Haizaki picked out the rest of the loads and the duo soon bid goodbye to the cashier and left the supermarket, well, mostly [name] said goodbye. Once they were out, Haizaki then grabbed hold part of [name]'s load into his hand and shifted it to his other hands.

So all of the plastic bags were in one hand. He then held his free hand out and [name] looked at his hand confusedly.

"Here, give it to me," and [name] looked at him confusedly.

"Here," and Haizaki's eyes widened when [name] placed her hand on his instead, thinking that it was what he had implied. He flushed red and [name] looked at him confusedly.

"Wasn't my hand what you wanted?" [name] asked.

"I was asking for the other loads so that I could carry..." he whispered out and [name]'s eyes widened as she quickly removed her hand and shoved the bags into his hand.

"I-I'm sorry!" as her face flushed red as she turned to look out, only for her eyes to widen at how heavy the rain was. She then looked at Haizaki who had disappeared from her side, only to feel a strong gust of cold wind from the supermarket as the doors opened once more.

He came back to her side, with a slight frown on his face.

"What kind of supermarket sells only one umbrella?" he muttered out, yet, he ensured [name] didn't enter the store as they indeed had other umbrellas.

Sneaky bastard.

"Come on, I'll carry you," Haizaki spoke out and [name] looked at him confusedly.

"The umbrella is small, I might end up pushing you out from beneath it. So just get on my back and I'll carry you back," he spoke out and [name] tilts her head a little.

"But, what about the bags of groceries?" she asked, and Haizaki chuckled as he didn't hand her anything else but the umbrella and she hesitantly hopped onto his bag. His lips pressed into a fine thin line as he adjusted her and soon managed to hook his arms beneath her thighs as his hands held onto the bags of groceries.

"Gonna fucking kill those bastards when we get back," he muttered under his breath, which he turned and his dark blue ocean eyes widened at how close [name]'s lips were to his. The duo then flushed red as she opened the umbrella.

And they started their journey back to Nekoma High.

"Hey, [name]?" he called out and [name] hummed in response, wondering what he wanted. It was soon going to be the end of the training camp, and somehow during all these time did [name] find herself often looking to where he was.

Hoping to bump into him and have a conversation as well.

"[name]? Did you hear what I say?" Haizaki asked as his ears were red as well, which [name] noticed. His heart was pounding hard against his chest as he waited for her answer.

"Sorry... Could you repeat it?" she asked.

"𝐀𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐜𝐚𝐦𝐩, 𝐥𝐞𝐭'𝐬 𝐤𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐨𝐮𝐜𝐡. 𝐇𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐥𝐲, 𝐢𝐭 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐬 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮. 𝐒𝐨 𝐥𝐞𝐭'𝐬 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞, 𝐨𝐤𝐚𝐲?"

----------

➸ 𝐓𝐨 𝐁𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐮𝐞𝐝...