▼ Decision Making ▼

》Decision making is the process of making choices by identifying a decision, gathering information, and assessing alternative resolutions.

》The psychology of decision-making is a dynamic field that continues to evolve as researchers delve deeper into the intricacies of human choice. While decision-making is influenced by cognitive biases, emotions, social factors, and personal values, understanding these influences can lead to more informed and satisfying choices.

》The brains frontal lobe controls personality, decision-making, and reasoning,

》When making a decision, we form opinions and choose actions via mental processes which are influenced by biases, reason, emotions, and memories. The simple act of deciding supports the notion that we have free will.

》Factors that limit the ability to make good decisions include missing or incomplete information, urgent deadlines, and limited physical or emotional resources.

》Research has continually found that we use our emotions more than logic to make decisions.

》The majority of information processing and also our decision making is happening on an unconscious level.

People exhibit different decision-making styles. Some are intuitive decision-makers, relying on gut feelings and instincts, while others are more analytical, using data and logic to make choices.

》Our unconscious mind is faster than our conscious mind, thus why most if our decisions are unconsciously made

》New studies and science suggest, the more options we have, the harder our decision-making process will be.

》To make decisions easier for people, the quicker you can reduce their decision to 1 or 3 choices, the easier they will find it to make a decision.

We believe that decision-making gives us control, when in fact in some cases it does the opposite.

Make your most important decisions in the morning, before you experience "ego depletion"

》We all suffer from a phenomenon call decision fatigue. In other words the more tired you get the less likely you are to make good or difficult decisions.

Our brain needs glucose to make decisions.
Researchers found that "just when shoppers are depleted after all their decisions in the aisles -- with their willpower reduced, they're more likely to yield to any kind of temptation, but they're especially vulnerable to candy and soda and anything else offering a quick hit of sugar."

》Research carried out by Princeton University in 2014 found that a smaller team is more likely to make better decisions than a larger team.

Smart people develop routines -- that way, they eliminate stress and conserve energy for important decisions