Superior

Guan stood just in front of Sukara on the area before the steps, standing over the people.

"I would like to introduce you to someone," he announced to them, "you may know her as the second or dark avatar, but I know her as the Empress of the Old World. A legend, hidden in time. A powerhouse that has been against us. But no more, today she will be defeated."

Sukara kept her eyes on him but didn't speak up. She had expected this. It would have been odd to try and recruit her by kidnapping her wife on their wedding day.

"Now, now," Guan said, calming the crowd, "though she may not agree with us, she has been a great inspiration to me."

"You wouldn't think it," Sukara chuckled, cutting him off before he got to whatever his plan was.

"I'm sorry?" he asked, turning to to her, a little surprise that she would interrupt him.

"I mean you haven't even listened to me," Sukara explained, taking steps forward to pass him and walk down into the crowd, "I gave you one piece of advice, care for and respect your people and still you stand on your podium, above them. Do you think that you're better than them?"

Guan froze. He knew he had to say something but with the whole crowd looking at him his mind went blank.

"That's just disappointing," Sukara continued, the people moving to let her walk amongst them, "and all of you, you know his history of brainwashing. That is a memory that you have. Does anyone remember how they got here?"

There were murmurs throughout the crowd but no one shouted an answer. They all looked a little uncomfortable but they still waited for her to speak.

"I can't allows this to go on," Guan cut in, trying to take back control, "I simply--"

"Let her speak!" someone shouted, making him stop, confused and worried.

Sukara just smiled to herself.

"I personally find it strange, that if he were truly someone to believe in, that he would have to brainwash people to follow him," Sukara said, turning to look back while she stood in the crowd, "he doesn't trust you to think for yourselves because he knows that you're smarter than that."

The crowd started to shout before Guan could get a word out. She had doubted that he would use a strong version of brainwashing on such a large number of people. A push was all they need to start questioning what was happening to them.

She let the crowd dissolve into anger as she made her way back to where Guan was standing, panicked by the situation she had put him in.

"You failed to hold one town for a few months," Sukara hissed at him as she approached, "I ruled five nation for five years, don't you dare think you could ever best me little boy."

Guan could only stand and watch as his plans seemed to fall apart in front of him. He only had one more play left to fight against her.

"Where is my wife?" Sukara demanded as she leaned in to whisper it in his ear.

"This way."