《36》𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐲𝐟𝐢𝐞

tournament day.

the team departed from the bus and walked into the building. we all walk in a group, and our athletic bags are thrown over our shoulders.

we look so fucking sick right now😎.

mina walks by my side, leaving hana all by herself inside the bus. she's been complaining about how many hot guys there'd be and how she didn't have time to do her makeup this morning.

we stride inside, immediately stopping the chatter of small crowds of guests. as a nationally-known team, we manage to gain attention from everybody, from guests to other teams, and even the coaches and managers. instead of masking our usual proud smile, we keep a stern and focused face, not making eye contact with others unless to intimidate them. the power we hold😩.

"look it's fukurodani!"

"Is that Bokuto?"

"don't they always go to nationals?"

you smile at the quiet comments coming from our fellow anxious competitors. in all of fukurodani's years, the school has never been able to sustain a quiet demeanor. our school's prestigious name has always been a topic of conversation in our enemy's mouths.

many other teams are getting warmed up, sitting in groups, chugging down water, and some... going to the bathroom. small pep talks arose, preparing one another for the upcoming games.

bokuto runs to the front side of the group, and jumps up, throwing his arms up. ah, his usual grand entrance.

"hey, hey, HEY! I'm here!" bokuto exclaims.

You immediately walk towards the front and tug on his arm pulling him away from everyone's attention. "oh my god, calm down." you complain.

bokuto stays unbothered by your actions and continues to grin and gleam. this man-baby is always the center of attention🙄.

"if it isn't the owls." a familiar voice says.

you look up at the sudden voice, instantly making eye contact with the middle blocker. you can't help it. your face suddenly breaks out into a wide grin, and you're no longer worrying about Bokuto's childish behavior.

kuroo walks towards you, lightly bumping his shoulder with yours. "hey, chibi-chan."

your face immediately burns a bright red. you open your mouth, trying to force a comeback out, but bokuto steals the attention once again.

"KURBRO! IT'S BEEN SO LONG SINCE I'VE SEEN YOU!" he pulls kuroo away from you, tackling him in a bro hug.

while kuroo is facing the other direction, bokuto sticks his tongue out at you.

"It hasn't been that long since you've seen him, Bokuto-san." akaashi says, making his way beside you.

they unravel from each other, and the two players stand beside you.

kuroo eyes you up and down, a smirk making it's way onto his lips as he admires your body. he looks above your shoulder. with confusion stretched across his face, he taps your fingers, bringing your attention to him.

"here, take that off and put this on," he says, taking his read Nekoma sweater off.

he unzips my manager's sweater, stripping me out of it, holding it with his forearm.

"i'm supposed to be wearing my manager's-"

"just for now." he brings the sweater over my shoulders and arms.

the sweater is too large for you, as it drapes down to your thighs. it's the same sweater you've worn at the grocery store with him.

"it looks cute. you look better in it than i do," he says. you notice the pink growing on his cheeks as he flustered upon his words.