chapter five [ edited ]

Marinette's POV

My heart starts beating faster than ever. And I haven't even let him inside yet. I really need to get a grip. 

I climb up and open the trap door. He leaps inside and bows. What a gentleman. I smile on the inside. He takes my hand and presses a soft kiss on the back of it. "Hello, M'lady."

We both freeze. Part of me thinks he's replaced Ladybug with me. The other fears he might know my secret identity. My heart skips a beat at the anticipation. I want to know the true meaning behind those two words. The two simple words that can give me a heart attack at any moment now. 

"I- uh. I'm sorry, princess. I don't know why I said that. I guess it just came out." He gets flustered and I can see his cheeks turn pink behind the black of his mask. I giggle. So he did replace Ladybug with me. If only he knew. 

"Don't worry about it, Chat." I try to hide my smile and go to sit on my bed. He follows me and plops himself down beside me. "So what are you up to?" He asks me, looking around in the room to get any clue of what I was doing before he came here. "Oh nothing really, just math homework." I gesture to the desk with the math textbook open.

"Do you need any help? I'm kind of a math genius." He boasts and flexes his arm muscles. I groan inwardly and shake my head. "Well, I missed a day of school so, I do need a bit of help figuring some things out," I tell him. 

It wasn't the exact truth but it was a white lie. I wanted to see the "math skills" that he was boasting about. I did miss a day of school but that was because I had an Akuma to deal with. But I'm all caught up. Who knew the kwami of creation was so good at picking up algebra. 

"Well, you're in luck because I happen to ace my math class." He smiles at himself as we both make our way to my desk. I sit down and he stands behind me. This isn't too bad. I think to myself.

As if on cue, he puts both his arms on the desk from standing behind me. He leans forward to get a good look at the equation. Shit. I can feel his breath on my neck. It's warm and I feel as though the room is getting hotter by the second. 

"So, in that case, x would equal 7." He points out the answer in the equation, which pulls me out of my daze. I nod as if I'm paying attention to what he's saying. We work on some more math questions and I show him that I understand it now. 

After the last question is done, I release the grip from my pencil. My arms are tired from writing. I close my eyes for a few moments and then I let out a yawn. Really, Marinette? In front of Chat?

"Woah, looks like my princess is sleepy."  He chuckles to himself before he leans down and picks me up. He carries me to my bed and my heart leaps at the thought of falling asleep in his arms again.

He puts me down gently and crawls beside me. "So, do you have your eyes set on anyone at the meow-ment?" He chuckles as if he's proud of himself for the pun.

I sigh, contemplating whether or not I should tell him about Adrien. "I don't know anymore. I used to be really in love with Adrien Agreste. Y'know the model? But I'm not so sure anymore. He doesn't think of me as more than a friend."

--

Adrien's POV

I suck in a breath as she says my name. She was in love with me? And I was too blind to see it. Now I see why Plagg calls me a dumb blonde.

"So, anyone new in particular?" I ask. If I'm gonna fall in love with Marinette, I have to know if I'm a second option or not. I can't be the second choice anymore.

"Well, I can't tell you just yet. But he's perfect. He's dreamy and charming. He's smart and he's funny even though I hate to admit it." She pauses and looks into my eyes. "And he's hot. Like really hot." She finishes.

I feel a pang of jealousy. Does she think someone is hot? And that someone isn't me? Who is this bastard? I won't let him have my princess.

"Well, I guess I have to see him to believe it." I shrug. "I won't tell you now. Where's the fun in that?" She smirks at me. I roll my eyes and start tickling her. She starts laughing loudly and telling me to stop.

After I've had my fun with her, I do stop. "That's what you get for not telling me who he is," I tell her. She smirks and shrugs it off. 

Marinette's POV

I have an urge to kiss him. The moment seems perfect. The light is dimmed and his pink lips are calling to me. Y'know what? Fuck it, I'm doing it. 

I lean forward, keeping eye contact with him so I know if he doesn't want this too. And if that happens, I'm embarrassing myself. I gently press my lips on his and he seems shocked, but then he gives in too. We press our lips to each other for a while, none of us bold enough to make another move.

He then slowly pulls away and smirks at me. "So, I'm the really, really hot guy huh?" He asks and that sentence alone makes me blush. He claims my lips with his again and this time kisses me properly. Our lips move in sync, and then he licks my bottom lip. Asking for entrance in my mouth.

 I don't give it just yet. So, he takes his leathered hand and lightly trails it on my neck. He goes from my jaw to my shoulder. His touch is as light as a feather and it still makes me gasp.

He takes this opportunity to slip his tongue into my mouth and explore every corner of it. My tongue and his fight for dominance, even when we both know that he'll win. When we're both out of breath, he pulls away. The dimmed light shows a tiny bit of his swollen lips.

I move closer to him and put my head on his shoulders like yesterday. "I'm tired, chaton. But, please stay here for breakfast tomorrow?" I tilt my head up and look at his handsome face.

"Okay, princess. If you say so." He agrees and rests his head on top of mine. "Goodnight, M'lady." He says with confidence this time.

"Goodnight, kitty." I fall asleep in his arms again.