(STC) Chapter 25: ...Has Corrosive Wings

=====

This Chapter will be subject to future changes!

I apologize to those who have made it thus far,

but I plan to rewrite this chapter in the future

======

Enter the crowd.

Exit the preacher.

Assist the chorus.

Abandon the singer.

Patients were discharged from the medical ward. Operators have been working overtime. Medics have sanitized all of the medical equipment.  Interns studied the day away.

Kals'tit and Amiya were stationed in the Control Room looking over the results from their last battle against the Reunion. They suffered another restless night as they proceeded to do their job.

"Total of fourteen soldiers dead." Amiya states as she presses on the holographic screen in front of her. "Eighteen injured. All of them have successfully recovered except for a few."

"We never suspected that there would be four Reunion leaders in one area." Kals'tit said apathetically.

"We should steer clear of their stronghold and focus our efforts on helping Lungmen." Amiya proposed. "Madam Ch'en said that there are many incursion points the Reunion can use to infiltrate their city."

"That police officer should have stayed in Lungmen if there are so many weak points." Kals'tit scoffed.

"Mister Wei sent Madam Ch'en for an interrogation. They have most of their top officials posted in Lungmen." Amiya replied as the doors to the Control Room opened. 

Superintendent Ch'en entered the room along with two guards. She had a stern look on her face as she marched to the two of them.

"Where is Kaiser Rye?" She asked as Kals'tit looks at her with a disinterested expression.

"Kaiser Rye was just released from the medical ward." Kals'tit responds apathetically. 

"The interrogation is not until two hours from now." Amiya added.

"It's better to get it over with. I have to head back to Lungmen as soon as Mister Wei calls me." Ch'en replied.

"I see... he should be in his room now. Otherwise he'll probably be with Operator Red." Amiya states before Ch'en walks out of the room.

"We have our own questions for Kaiser Rye." Kals'tit says as she grabs a tablet and pressed on it a few times. "But I reckon that Ch'en will get information out of him."

"I think I can do that." Amiya suggested. 

"Where is Rhodes Island headed?" Kals'tit asked before she put the tablet down. 

"We are currently headed to Lungmen. We will ride alongside them until the Reunion leaves their stronghold in the stray section of Chernobog." Amiya fixed the rings on her fingers.

"I'll be in my medical lab if you need me." Kals'tit walked out of the Control Room.

-----------------

THUD!*

"Are you kidding me! Red! Get off!" 

A pair of hands clutched his head when Kaiser Rye fell to the ground. Projekt Red pushed him on the ground as she messed up his hair.