Chapter 10~ Memories (PT.1)

~Zane's P.O.V.~

Garroth's coming, Garroth's coming,

The words wouldn't stop going through my head. When the chant started, I was fine. But now... it made me angry.

Why should I care if Garroth's coming? He doesn't control me... nobody controls me... Garroth doesn't care. Why would Garroth care? I know better. I know its just an act for popularity.

Colors seemed like they were flashing- from blue, to black, to green, to black, to red, to black. Black. The color of the dark. What people used to describe evil.

But why?

Everyone enjoys the dark every now and then. It's comforting. Why should it be described as evil?

~Sasha's P.O.V~

Zane started screaming "let me go," and as we did- he had started chanting colors. He was gripping his head, rocking back and fourth, muttering something in which I couldn't make out.

"W-what should we do?" I asked shakily, holding my hands together at my chest.

"We run! Whatever's about to happen we certainly don't want to be in the mix of things!" Zenix shouted heading for the door. However, when he starting turning the handle, it burst open and Garroth came bearing out.

His face was a bright red- either anger or from using all his strength to get himself here this fast.

"Where is he?" Garroth half-screamed, half-panted at me, too out of breath to contain his voice.

There wasn't exactly a place to hide on the rooftop, so he answered his own question rather quickly before I could process what was going on.

~Nobody's P.O.V.~

Garroth rushed over to his unstable baby brother- at a speed which had caused him to slip right at Zane's knees.

His jeans were torn and bloody from the rough impact, but none of that mattered now. What mattered was keeping Zane stable.

Keep it out of his head, keep it out of his head, keep him out of his head. Garroth thought, over and over.

Garroth lifted up the younger below him, only managing to bring Zane on his feet for a few seconds before loosing grip and watching him fall to the ground again.

~Garroth's P.O.V. (sorry for all the changes)~

"Go away! Go away!" They yelled at me. I could already hear him coming. The change in his voice going from my baby brother, the the demon within him.

"Baby brother! Listen to me! It's okay... i'm here. Your stronger than this. Please," I tried convincing. It was all I could do for now. Persuasion.

But one of the hardest things to do to Zane was to persuade him, even if it's for not only his safety but to whoever that thing affected in the end.

"Garroth! We need to call a trained witch or wizard! It's the only way!" I heard Gene yell over Zane's screaming and crying.

However, I know i'm stubborn. But its for a good reason this time. If we got a witch or wizard to try and control what's inside of him, I know we'll all be back to where we started. In the hospital. Fearing for his life everyday.

Kids will fear him even more. Nobody will want to talk to him even more. It'll feed the darkness. Being alone.. was the worst thing to happen to Zane. Putting him back in a state of mind where nobody can reach him won't help. But nobody else understood that. Nobody other than Vylad and I.